1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG for MAC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hadell, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Hadell

Hadell Shipwright

Is there a possible date as to when this is coming out?
    I would play KAG more but I am not always at home on my desktop. I am mostly on my MAC laptop and currently Wine Bottler does not work for my version of OSX.

2. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

I'm guessing "in the next build!!!" ;)

You might also try Play on Mac in the meantime. I've made a build using it and it works pretty well.
    http://www.playonmac.com/en/

I have a 280mb version I built with Wine Bottler that shouldn't require Wine to use, i.e. it just shows up as an App.... If someone can tell me a non-painful way of hosting the file, I could upload it. It auto-updates like the PC version, so you'd only need to grab it once.

3. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

ifile.it has a decent retention ratio for registered users (4 months after last download for files between 100MB and 300MB) - it's free to register. If you still can't be bothered, upload using a free account and I'll transfer it to my registered one.

4. Solomon-Grundy

Ok, I put together a zip and put it on Dropbox:
    http://db.tt/1wEbluw3

Oh, the one major quirk that you'll run into is that when you go to type in your username and password, it'll only let you type in your username. Then you have to quit, restart, and put in your password. I don't know why it does this, but once you've entered it and quit, it's saved to your reg settings, so you don't have to worry about it again.

5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I remember reading a week or two ago somewhere that Geti said they have a third person working on making a Mac build.

6. Solomon-Grundy

Cool. Hope so. The wine version's been working well for me for 6+ months, but it'd be good to go "official."

7. Hadell

Hadell Shipwright

Wow. Thanks for the program Solomon. Sadly my PoS Mac is too old to run the program :(. I have OSX 10.4.11 and I can't find anything that works for this computer except for Minecraft and Firefox. Thanks for the help though, I'm sure your Mac version you put together will help out many people with Macs. Cheers :)

8. Solomon-Grundy

Sure thing. Sorry it didn't work for you.

9. trelawney

mirrored @ ifile.it , just in case http://ifile.it/4u6mjon

(as is usual with free filehosts , use an adblocker)

10. epykkali

epykkali Shipwright

Thanks for doing this, it works great :D

11. trelawney

12. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester