1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Forum Update?

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by BindNation, Jan 22, 2012.

?

What do you guys think of this update?

1. I like it.

27.0%
  2. Meh.

54.1%
  3. Don't care.

18.9%
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

I'm liken' this new forum! Pretty freakin' boss. Well done Forum Guards.... Well. Freakin. Done.

(By the way, the old one wasn't that bad in my opinion. Both are pretty spiffy in their own ways.)

What do you guys think of this update?

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

1. It's shit cause it's broken.

2. Forum guards have nothing to do with this.

3. Should be in forum and wiki. x.x

4. There's no option for "I don't like it" and two technically for "I don't care".

Noburu likes this.
  3. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You could go back to the old one by clicking "Default Style" in the bottom left corner and selecting XenBlue Pro Dark, but you'll get the 0 alerts/0 inbox glitch back. I'm thinking this was an accident, or a very lame attempt to hide the bug.

Kagesha likes this.
  4. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeah I'm desperately waiting for Citric to fix the xenFracture style... It's the only pretty one ;o;

AJ likes this.
  5. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

Okay.... then.... way for the optimism guys.... Way... to go.... -_-

(Well... I'm simpleton when it comes to these "forum things," so don't blame me if I got excited.)

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  6. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh right. I think these guys are referring to how I changed the default forum skin to the 'default' XenForo skin (the one that XF comes with by default) because the other two require updates.
    Its the only one that isn't broken.

7. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I don't use default anyway I always use xenblue pro dark.

Noburu likes this.
  8. Shadlington

Yeah I would prefer to, but I'm waiting till its fixed.

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

MM bought on my request these 2 styles on Friday's night. I think that they haven't been shipped yet cause they don't work on weekends.

Noburu likes this.
  10. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

The one issue I have with this update is that I have been getting a lot of emails on alerts and updates even though I set it so that I shouldn't receive emails.

11. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I did to and I turned it back off again, time will tell if it sticks.

EDIT: ALL email boxes are uncheck in my preferences and

I AM STILL GETING EMAILS!!!

I AM GETTING ONE PER REPLY TO ANYTHING IM SUBSCRIBED TO.

EDIT: In all seriousness between this and the insanely broken builds Im about to uninstall and check back in 6 months.

BindNation and dnmr like this.
  12. Shadlington

Emails is not a bug. Its actually a bug that's been fixed - previously the emails weren't working.

On http://kagforum.com/index.php?account/preferences make sure that 'and receive email notifications of replies' is unticked if you have the one above it ticked.
    But this only effects new threads you post in, so you also have to turn off emails for the threads you're already watching, manually.
    You can do that here: http://kagforum.com/index.php?watched/threads/all

If you're receiving emails about conversations, untick 'Receive email when a new conversation message is received' here: http://kagforum.com/index.php?account/contact-details

Downburst likes this.
  13. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Thanks Shad, that second link really helped. It'd be such a pain to go through every other thread by hand.

If only there was a check all button

Downburst and Noburu like this.
  14. Noburu

What if you have emails uncheck and alll threads disabled and are still getting emails?

Can we just has phpbb now?

Foxodi likes this.
  15. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

As long as i am still able to post and read threads i don't give a flying fuck what it looks like and neither should you.

16. Noburu

I tried manally diabling email alerts FOR EVERY SUBSCRIBED THREAD and it still didnt work. I come back 12 hours later and I have 40 new emails...

17. Kouji

That's interesting, it worked for me. Now the only emails I receive are from conversations. If I could get rid of those as well, that'd be great.

You know what I think Noburu, I think the internet just hates you (not the people on it because I still like you) or your computer hates you, or maybe even both.

Downburst likes this.
  18. Noburu

Yes I figured it out that it is just conversations im getting now, but I can find no way to turn them off :(

19. Shadlington

Gonna try rebuilding some relevant caches to see if that works.

20. Kouji

Derp

I didn't see that third link, I passed it over every single time (Did you ninja edit your post Shad?). I really should have checked the possible settings better. Hopefully that fixed it. I'll edit this post if it fixed it or not, hopefully it did. Anyways maybe instead of having separating the sections where each each one these is found, maybe it could be possible for them to all be put under alert preferences. I honestly can't see why you should need 3 separate places for these options.

Edit: It did work, yay. No more spammy emails for me.

BindNation likes this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97