1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG fot Mac?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Rioja, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Rioja

Rioja Ballista Bolt Thrower

I noticed on the front page it says there is a download of the game for Mac or Apple but when i go on to the download page or click the apple logo theres no option for a Mac download. I have tried downloading the Linux version seeing as though the mac can (i think) run some linux programs. When i extract the linux download none of the files in the folder work, like Run, KAG or even autoupdate.. Is there anywhere i can download this game for mac?

2. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

The file which starts KAG on Linux is rungame.sh , there is no Mac version out yet but there is the way to play KAG on Mac with some tool.

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

3. Rioja

Alrighty then, thanks.

4. darDar

no problem , did it work ?

5. Rioja

Havent tried it yet but looks like it should. I'll have a go tomorrow

6. Voodoom

Voodoom Guest

Hi, (sorry for my bad english, I'm french) I have a Mac with bootcamp but reboot the computer every time I want to play is very boring.
    The setup works perfectly with Winebottler, but when I try to launch KAG.exe I have a log file :

###BOTTLING### default.sh
    ###BOTTLING### Gathering debug Info...

Versions
    OS...........................: darwin10.0
    Wine.........................: 1.1.44
    WineBottler..................: 1.1.44

Environment
    PWD..........................: '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin'
    PATH.........................: /usr/gnu/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:.
    WINEPATH.....................: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH..............: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
    DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH...: /usr/lib:/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
    FONTCONFIG_FILE..............: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/etc/fonts/fonts.conf
    DIPSPLAY.....................: /tmp/launch-NZyt8G/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
    SILENT.......................:
    http_proxy...................:
    https_proxy..................:
    ftp_proxy....................:
    socks5_proxy.................:

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac8,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2,66 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 1,07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00
    SMC Version (system): 1.29f1
    Serial Number (system): VM843PZMZE6
    Hardware UUID: 3FB54CF7-77B4-50EC-AACF-ACA1A3C7F479

###BOTTLING### Create .app...
    ###BOTTLING### Turn on Coreaudio...
    fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
    fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x33c934
    fixme:file:MoveFileWithProgressW MOVEFILE_WRITE_THROUGH unimplemented
    fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gecko\\1.0.0\\wine_gecko\\components\\xpti.dat" 1 536870916 0x0 0x0 0x207ee4 0x0
    fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xa82f518, overlapped 0xa82f520): stub
    fixme:file:MoveFileWithProgressW MOVEFILE_WRITE_THROUGH unimplemented
    fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gecko\\1.0.0\\wine_gecko\\components\\compreg.dat" 1 536870916 0x0 0x0 0x1f2da9c 0x0
    wine: configuration in '/Applications/KAG.app/Contents/Resources' has been updated.
    ###BOTTLING### Sandboxing...
    ###BOTTLING### Enabling Antialiasing...
    ###BOTTLING### Installing Truetype Fonts...
    ###BOTTLING### Registering Truetype Fonts...
    /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin
    ###BOTTLING### Registering native dlls...
    ###BOTTLING### Installing KAG.exe...
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC90.CRT" (9.0.21022.8)
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC90.CRT" (9.0.21022.8)
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\Applications\\KAG\\CrashRpt.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library CrashRpt.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\Applications\\KAG\\KAG.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\Applications\\KAG\\KAG.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\Applications\\KAG\\KAG.exe" failed, status c0000135
    ### LOG ### Command '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wine /Applications/KAG/KAG.exe' returned status 53.

###ERROR### Command '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wine /Applications/KAG/KAG.exe' returned status 53.
    Task returned with status 15.

7. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

ok idk how to fix that but i wanted to know what source code the game is based on and now i know its not Java(im learning that). :)

8. darDar

Im quite sure its written in C++.
    I dont know about the error you get, maybe some dev or someone else using macOs can help you.

9. Snow

Snow Guest

I wish I could get it to work on my Mac Mini. I don't know if I'm using WineBottler correctly. I get it to package my setup.exe into an app and then supposedly install the game within some folder, but after that, it does nothing.

10. sado

sado Shopkeep Stealer

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Sado's on the money, I think.

If you find out the exact way to get it working we can sort out an official tutorial to link.

Apparently Michal's having some trouble compiling for OSX.

12. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

Snow, it sometimes helps to just quit (or force quit) it then start again. I know with each new build that's what I have to do...

Been using my same wine bottled version since build # was in the 70s...

13. Tyrano73

Tyrano73 Shipwright

I tried to install it using Wine, and it worked, the game launched and all, but I can't find any games at all ! Does someone has a solution for this ?

And by the way, is the developper of KAg trying to release it on OSX ?

14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Did KAG update for you? I think the problem is that you haven't got the latest build. Please make sure it's the newest.

15. Tyrano73

Tyrano73 Shipwright

It finally worked, I just wasn't logged in, thanks !

16. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

So did you do anything "special" to install it on mac ? How did you do it ? Thanks

17. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Shipwright

18. darDar

MM says the Mac version will be out any moment.

kagdev.tumblr.com

19. Rome

Rome Shopkeep Stealer

want want want!

20. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Coming, it's been slow as we've been swamped with a bunch of other things to do. Hope to see it done soon!