1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG mobile app

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by MadRaccoon, Jun 1, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

So. I had this idea: what about an app that allwoed you to spectate KAG servers in your phone/tablet.
    That app would not be used just for spectating. It could have some toturials and class mechanics (just an idea)
    I dont know how to programe so I've no clue if this is possible. And if it is i would like to now if it would need a specific server to be spectated in the app.
    Right your thoughts about it to see if this can go somewhere
    (Sorry for my bad english)
    image.jpg

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    Vampire likes this.
  2. Takain

Takain Ballista Bolt Thrower

Cool idea, i never programmed for Android/iOS but with the KAG api i think it is completelly possible :D
    didnt understand that question tho

MadRaccoon likes this.
  3. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

*if its possible to make this app, we would have to create specific servers for it, or it could be in any server?

4. Takain

Im pretty sure u can check servers information with the KAG api...
    There is scripts used to communicate with server to a database, then it would be possible to check like kills, talk from the app to the server and vice-versa, but that would be a much much more complex thing

--- EDIT ---

i readed your first post again, and i may not have understood the spectate a server like you said, if you mean spectate like ingame spectator then no i dont think it is possible.... in the first time i though u was just talking about checking if a server is online and stuff... im afraid spectating wouldnt be possible...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    MadRaccoon likes this.
  5. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

thats the reason I've asked if we had to create a specific server with something that would allow it
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 2, 2014 ---
    and could the app do the same as Kstalk?

6. Takain

Yes, thats what i though u wanted to do, an app that could check server and player infos.... that would be possible through the API, i said i dont think its possible to have something like Spectator mode on an app because i dont think its possible to connect another program to a kag server, but as far as the kag api goes there is a lot of possibilities for a Mobile APP instead of spectating, so it might still be a good idea
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 3, 2014 ---
    Btw, im assuming you are suggesting a community app, if you are suggesting an official app then its totally different, everything is possible if great minds are behind it ;d

MadRaccoon likes this.
  7. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Please make KAG available for iOS and android.

That would be super cool.

This would be cool too.

MadRaccoon likes this.
Mods: Rainbows