1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG vs VPS

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by miniu, Jul 7, 2013.

1. miniu

miniu Haxor

is this hard to make 2 kag servers on 1 vps ? i need turtial to nerds. I dont know anything about making servers on vps.

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Yes it's possible. First install the dedicated Linux server version up to step 3. I'd recommend something like Putty to do those commands.

Then, use something like WinSCP to rename your folder KAG folder to something you want to distinguish your first server from another. Then make a copy of it. Edit the dedicated autoconfig.gm as you need, the dedicated autostart.gm, your mapcycle, gamemode.cfg and etc as you want for 1 server and do the same for the other.
    The most important thing when it comes to hosting 2+ servers on the same VPS is this: CHANGE YOUR PORTS in the dedicated_autoconfig.gm so that sv_port = "some number" is different in each KAG folder. If both of them have the same port, the 2nd one will not stay up and will close automatically.

You will have to make a screen. Open up Putty again, login and type: screen -S servername . You can change the server name to whatever you want. Then type: cd folder_directory_to_kagdedi_here . Then just type ./KAGdedi
    That will put up your first server.
    Detach from the screen by pressing Ctrl + A then D. Once again type screen -S servername2. Repeat as you did before, but with the directory you set up.

If you have a hard time with computers, I don't suggest you try to do this in the first place though, cause you'll just get lost.

Contrary likes this.
  3. miniu

miniu Haxor

Very complicetd ;C

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Well, I could probably configure it for you if you want.
    Option 1: You could give me SSH access to your server via PM and I'll configure it for you depending on what settings you want. I could probably get it done today that way.
    Option 2: If you don't want to give out SSH info to another person, you could join irc and I'll help you out with Teamviewer, but you'll need to download putty and WinSCP and configure them so they connect to the server. Then I could take control of your computer then to configure it. You'd have to wait until tomorrow, because I'm at a relative's house and internet here is laggy and I don't have Teamviewer installed on this comp.
    Option 3: You find someone else willing to explain everything to you step by step.
    Option 4: You don't bother with setting up the server, or you learn how to do it yourself.

5. miniu

miniu Haxor

i not buyes it , but i will. I think option 1/2 will be good. Thanks Kouji :3