1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Kag2d

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Eggnogg, Nov 27, 2011.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Couldn't find an appropriate place to post it, so here it is:

Please don't make the Youtube trailer play automatically. I've always had a particular disdain when websites just start to randomly play music or whatever at full volume.

Thankyou.

haroldjessie, kiro, BlueLuigi and 5 others like this.
  2. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

Agreed, it's almost as annoying as an ad!

3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Anyone who DOESNT browse the internet with flashblock (or similar) installed is an idiot waiting to be infected. Flash is one of the main attack vectors on the internet.

It also has the added benefit of preventing videos from automatically starting.

haroldjessie and Beef like this.
  4. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

But... That's irrelevant. Not everyone has it, But everyone who's going to get King Arthur's Gold is going to get it from Kag2d, along with the intimidating video that automatically plays.

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I've never even heard of flashblock nor have I ever got a virus in this way. Methinks you are just exaggerating and either way, that is no excuse to dislike this idea as Eggnogg makes a damn good point.

sj67 likes this.
  6. SpruceMaroose

SpruceMaroose Shipwright

Noburu, I think that depends entirely on which websites you visit ;)

You don't stand to be infected via flash on youtube or 90% of the popular websites out there, it just isn't a problem.

The idea is great I think - it is always annoying if you have your speakers on loud!

7. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I agree, but just saying its good practice :D

8. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Slightly off-topic.. but I have to vent somewhere:

What do http://kag2d.com and http://jenniejune.com have in common? Freakin' autoplay!!!

BlueLuigi and Noburu like this.
  9. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Personal experience is a bad benchmark for preparing for things to go wrong.

Noburu likes this.
  10. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

I also agree. Having the video in the middle of the splash page... perfect! Autoplay... terrible! Please make it play on demand.

Jermex and dnmr like this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97