1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAGCAST - The Unofficial KAG Gaming Podcast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WanderMark, Dec 9, 2013.

1. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

[​IMG]
    Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to present you a project that has been in development for the past six months; allow me introduce you to KAGCAST - The Unofficial KAG Gaming Podcast!
    ----------------------------------------
    This is a collaborative project that has been discussed for some time, primarily between Lieber and Myself. We share a passion for talking complete and utter nonsense in front of people, and it is our hope that, through KAGCAST, we shall not only be able to still this insatiable hunger, but also provide a community platform around which the masses might warm their proverbial hands.

So what is this all about? KAGCAST is a video podcast centred around gaming, and particularly based in King Arthur's Gold. Each broadcast shall feature discussion of a variety of topics associated with both KAG and it's community, as well as a wider glance at the current state of the world of gaming.

For more information, feel free to respond in this thread, drop a PM to either Lieber or myself, or you could always come by and check out the stream when it's live!
    Speaking of which!

HOTLINK TO THE STREAM!
    Hotlink to VoD Playlist!

We plan to stream three times a week and keep the minimum length of every broadcast around twenty minutes.
    Here is a timetable for when we are going live:
    Monday - 8pm GMT/3pm EST
    Wednesday - 8pm GMT/3pm EST
    Friday - 8pm GMT/3pm EST

Any change in the program will be noted here.

That's all there is to it! On behalf of Lieber and myself, I bow to you all!

This text has been proof read and improved by Hella*
    Don't blame me if there are mistakes.. ~Hella

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Kalikst, Noburu, RadioActive and 18 others like this.
  2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

First episode:

The Cockiest Kid On Earth: Duplolas

Watch as we analyze quite possibly the try hardest, most arrogant kid on the face of the Earth.

AmestriStephen and startselect3 like this.
  3. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

I would listen/watch this. I hope you guys stay consistent for a while ::):

_Cuffs_ likes this.
  4. nickingliss

nickingliss Builder Stabber

Maybe upload to a youtube channel after?

Contrary and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

All my hopes for this project. :3

Added here in anticipation of it being a longer running thingy. ^_^

Gurin likes this.
  6. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

do you take requests; if so, can you discuss the maddest black man around? (@Arcrave)

7. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

Godspeed, men!

8. #kagradio

norill likes this.
  9. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Going to be airing in half an hour, WanderMark will post the archive on YouTube if you want to catch it there.

Guitarman likes this.
  10. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Can't wait! Also, thanks to Hella for editing the font colors, I was blind for nearly two hours after reading it.
    :kappa:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  11. WanderMark

Thanks to everyone showing up for the very first broadcast of KAGCAST! It was a nerve-wracking and disorientating experience, but worked out really well in the end!

We have decided to transfer the streams over to YouTube, there will be a notification in this thread once that happens.

Once again, thanks so much to all you tuning in, we couldn't do this without you!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    nickingliss, Beef, Jlordo and 2 others like this.
  12. Powse

Powse Haxor

We want more visual effects! :P

13. WanderMark

First I would like to give thanks for the feedback! This is something people have mentioned they want introduced, Lieber and I are currently discussing it, don't you worry! You may also expect a change of the overall graphical design in the future!

All in all, the first broadcast was a great learning experience. We had tons of fun and are looking forward doing this again, all while improving the formula!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  14. Lieber

Mark encountered some issues with rendering the video. Hopefully we'll be able to upload it at some point! (There's also the archive available directly on Twitch.tv)

That said, we're going live in a couple of minutes! And we're done!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Guitarman and WanderMark like this.
  15. JTG

JTG Bison Rider Tester

I'm always asleep

16. That was literally terrifying to listen to.... You lived up to my biased expectations!

17. WanderMark

The YouTube archive containing every broadcast is now up! We will update it regularly as the show goes on, the OP has also been updated with a link to said playlist.

Today's broadcast feels like a success for both Lieber and I, as we've put the first epsiode behind us, providing a more relaxed atmosphere between us. Changes are also being made! We recieved feedback that you want more visual feedback, and that is exactly what we'll provide!

On Friday we will supply some video footage while we're talking. This should make it a bit more engaging as we are utilizing the medium to a better effect. It will look crude at the beginning, but we'll hopefully be able to work out the graphics over the weekend, providing a more unified look for Monday, with videos/screenshots that blend better with the background. Speaking of which, it is also being revised after feedback, hopefully it wont strain your eyes as much in the future.

I do believe I was finally able to root out some issues with the audio in today's epsiode as well, we had people telling us that the volume was a bit low from time to time.

----

Other than that, thanks a lot for helping us amend the show; see you on Friday, which should bring you a surprise that should help improve our interaction with anyone that is watching!

So, we are currently working on these things:
    • More integrated graphics - (video/screenshots)
    • Improved banner that is more friendly to your eyes and can blend with other graphics.
    • New and sekritz Friday segment!
    • Group (oops!)
    • Server (double oops!)
    Many thanks!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Guitarman and Lieber like this.
  18. Lieber

For a direct link to the first episode:

And a direct link to the second episode:

Consider subscribing to WanderMark's channel or his playlist (or both) to get it straight in your sub box!
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 13, 2013, Original Post Date: Dec 12, 2013 ---
    Mark had a power shortage, so we weren't able to do this today. We'll do it tomorrow instead!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Contrary, kedram, Guitarman and 4 others like this.
  19. WanderMark

We have returned after a short and unfortunte hiatus, we're now un...live!

Edit: Third epsiode is ovah! It is currently being transferred to the Youtube playlist.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    FuzzyBlueBaron and Fate like this.
  20. Lieber

And is now fully uploaded!