1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

./KAGdedi

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Static, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

This command is how you start your KAG dedicated server via linux./KAGdedi

cd to kag_linux then type ./KAGdedi

if you want to run it in the backgroud type ./KAGdedi nohup

Yay!!!! That started my server now!!!

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

What is the point of this thread and why is it in suggestions of all places?

3. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

not sure why it got posted here I was in the server section :S...

4. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Even in server section it seems a pretty spammy thread.

5. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

only seems spammy to people that new this was the command that started a dedicated server in linux and didn't update the kagwiki server page...(updated now thought)

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

It seems that it would make more sense in the Help Section, with a [Solved] tag and more explanation on what it solved.

Foxodi and Noburu like this.
  7. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

Sure why not... don't know how to add a tag.

8. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

All you'd have to do is ask a Mod (like Neat) to do that. I'd also suggest having the rest of the posts like this one deleted so that only the relevant information remains.

9. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Static, you've pmed me a dozen times, whined about "The wiki not being updated" and having false information in a dozen more threads. What is your problem? As I told you in private: The Wiki is open to anyone with a kagforum account. If your main concern was to be helpful, you failed miserably. Why didn't you just go ahead and make the world-changing edit of replacing instances of KAG with KAGdedi.

It seems to me you were just trying to garner exposure of the "i-care-about-kag-now-make-me-guard" variety we've been seeing a lot of lately in the forum. How do I deduce that?

a) The Wiki was updated hours before you made this post.
    b) You're quick with suggesting remedies that don't even work!
    ./KAGdedi nohup is not the way to run a daemonised server. The correct syntax is:
    Code:
    nohup ./KAGdedi &
    A tout a l'air!

Noburu and Static like this.
  10. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

Thankyou.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.