1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG's Dying Competitive Scene

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShamWow-SuperRag, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

Hello, everyone. With the recent argument over SAP and FIST, its been proven to me that KAG's Competitive Scene is definitely dying. I've noticed that MLK hasn't really been that active (correct me if I'm wrong). Yeah, we've been CWing, but not everyday.

Is there even a person keeping up with the scores of clan victories. Are there still rewards for the clan at the top of the table? And goodness sakes, I didn't even know there was a season until I read the CW rules. But those are the least of the problems. More importantly, a lot of clans in MLK aren't really that active.

So this is my proposal.
    1. We need someone to actively update and post clan scores on a designated thread in the clan section.
    2. Official rewards need to be put in place
    3. Better seasons. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter Seasons
    4. Get rid of all inactive clans in the MLK. Don't participate? Get out.
    Maybe steam keys or money can be official rewards? Even custom in-game heads and a special medal either in game of on the forums for the clan players that won.

Seasons! Each season will last about 3 months.
    1. Winter Season will start December 1st and go through January and February, and the last 3 weeks of February will be the end of the season and preparation for the next season.
    2. Spring Season will start March 1st and go through April and May, and the last 3 weeks of May will be the end of the season and preparation for the next season.
    3. Summer Season will start June 1st and go through July and August, and the last 3 weeks of August will be the end of the season and the preparation for the next season.
    4. Fall Season will start September 1st and go through October and November, and the last 3 weeks of November will be, of course, the end of the season and preparation for the next season.
    Each time the season ends, all clan leaders participating will meet up someway somehow and schedule all the matches for the next season. Someone will need to be there to document all the matches scheduled. Sound like a lot of work? yeah, for a real competitive scene there is a lot of work. If you don't participate then you won't be in MLK.

Post your opinions!

2. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

This is definitely a great idea, it's just people have to put effort into it. I used to love having a clan war every weekend back when I was in SKL. I might be up for trying to revive the NA portion, but every single clan is lazy as shit. We'll see.

Psiklaw, Hella, Snake19 and 2 others like this.
  3. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

That only proves that there are shitter clans around. It doesn't mean the competitive scene is dying.

MLK was super active while it was going. MLK was pretty much ended once SpideY left and the last day of that MLK season passed.

That's not a bad idea, but you're basically just asking for another season of MLK with enhancements. It's not a terrible idea, but finding sponsors for keys/money can be difficult. I don't know if THD would be interested in sponsoring a tournament (@Geti), but it would certainly be cool. Having year-round seasons seems like a bad idea to me. Many people here are still in school and are unable to play that often during exams. Maybe have a winter season and a summer season with a break after each? Like @Anonymuse said, organizing has always been a pain in the ass, and a lot of clans/clan leaders are lazy as fuck, so it's hard to get match times set up. Maybe have strict rules about forfeiting and have all scheduling done in open so that clans that schedule and don't show up can be disqualified after not showing up twice.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  4. ShamWow-SuperRag

I know the feeling tho. I used to be a clan leader in a dif game and it used to be discouraging when everyone else was being lazy, so I decided to just let things go. That was a bad decision. Point is, we need to take the initiative. More work put into KAG's Competitive Scene = more fun.

EDIT: T2rn, just saw your post. I agree with you, but if there were CWs every weekend during the seasons, then it wouldn't affect school too much. I'm still in school, and Saturdays still have an opening for KAG (atleast for me). More benefits of winning = better chance of leaders to get off their asses. LVT is definitely off their asses, why can't more clans follow? And if one person takes the sacrifice of organizing stuff, we'll be fine (I would be happy to do that). Furthermore, We need an official, stickied page in the competitive clan section that states all the matches of the season, and the ranks of each clan. And I do agree with you about the strict rules.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  5. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

The competitive scene of KAG, was indeed not very active this nowadays.

Concerning the Ancient Gear, we will resume in two weeks our matchs each weekend (1 or 2 cw per weekend)
    The big come Back to Ancient Gear is near!

I know one or two clans can move the competitive scene of Kag by proposing every weeks some clans wars in different clans. But it is true that it would be good to launch a new competitive tournament!

MLK was a great tournament that has worked well:

Unfortunately after @SpideY was gone to the tournament, it's started to die and was never finished.

I will try to contact @SpideY and @StarskyGianni to ask if it is possible to revive a season of MLK. If they do not want it will be me who relaunch a new season !

~Snake

daskew87, Psiklaw, Anonymuse and 2 others like this.
  6. ShamWow-SuperRag

Snake, I would be happy to support you and keep things organized. Seriously, KAG is my life. But let me ask you this, if you do reboot MLK, whats your plan?

Snake19 likes this.
  7. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

• Same Rules
    • New Maps
    • 2 Seasons by year (one summer/one winter)

8. ShamWow-SuperRag

And matches won't be made in adavance?

9. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

you know how was organized the previous matches ?

10. ShamWow-SuperRag

So its just gonne be normal CW planning, A clan leader asks another clan leader?

11. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Yes, because the Clans wars set in advance by the organizer can cause a lot of drama.
    Most clans are not serious enough, and well organized to a clan wars every weekend.
    Previously ARL was an excellent tournament where a dozen clans was very serious and ready to make matches every weekend!
    But now I think we'll never see this time...

daskew87 likes this.
  12. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

All year long sounds like it would get old fast and no real glory in winning if it happens 4 times a year.
    unecessary work imo

13. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

I've hosted tournaments before for various fighting games. Four times a year is pretty standard, maybe even a bit slow.

When you do it every week, then it gets stale. Once a month to once every three months is usually when most tournaments are held.

14. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

YES! Bring back the MLK! Bring back KAG!

Snake19 and Darknighte9 like this.
  15. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

In my opinion, the main thing is to leave the tournament format for short-term happenings. What we would definetly need is a kinda "permanent" league with dynamic clan ranking, and not necessarily seasons with prizes at the end.

For example, we could imagine something like a wrestling ranking where you "steal" other's rank by beating them, so overall it's much more dynamic than what it was in MLK, and the best clans really have to defend their title. We could thus make continental and international rankings, with continental and international champions staying only as long as they dont get beaten. Maybe state that only the top 3 clans can challenge the champ so it's not total devastation?

I'm sure this would be fun and again, it would bring dynamics and hope for every clan to reach top 3 and become the champ, so pushing the will to play ;)

(And simply, the idea is not to replicate the same stuff and play mlk 2.0, but maybe something new and fresh would bring new life into the game)

16. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Would be better to use an ELO system than that kind of system because people would only ever try to steal the top clan's rank and they would get overwhelmed with games. With an ELO system, more casual clans will fight each other to get from the bottom of the rankings, and it won't be so easy to farm less skilled clans (remember when AG and NMS only ever played MIST?).

Should also definitely force games - you have 2 weeks to play a clan after they challenge you or they get the win. Maybe make it so you can only be challenged once at a time too so a clan doesn't get overwhelmed with 5 clan wars in a weekend.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    Colargolator likes this.
  17. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

Yes! We could totally mix that with the champion thing, the ELO thing would help have more movement among low-mid tier clans, great idea!

18. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

Nice topic right here, I think we need the league back to make clans not pointless. There must be someone willing to manage all this shit, and that's hard work, but I vote for a new concept as mentioned above this post. The MLK rules were alright but there was not enough clans to keep it interesting (there was AG at the top with other 2-3 clans, while most other didn't participate).

I suggest aiming this to small clans and new players to get involved in a friendly clan competition, so people learn and every victory is recorded and stored somewhere. That way participating in clan life is rewarding and there would be no more pointless clan wars with no recognition or reward to them.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  19. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

That sounds fun except for the "if challenged you have to fight"

20. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Well it would prevent the problem where clans were too scared of losing to even fight. I think it's an interesting idea, but the one challenge limit is definitely necessary.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.