1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Keep newcomers on Kag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snake19, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I do not know if you're aware about it, but Kag is currently on promotion -50% ! Thank you @Geti or @trainchaser i don't know :heart:
    [​IMG]

Which means newcomers :D
    Today I saw a lot of new players, but something my hugely disappointed. They are a lot of veterans who have no mercy for these new players, and rush and tryhard completely against them!
    Unfortunately this would cause the new players to rage quit !

The problem is that Kag, really need this new players to keep the game alive.

Geti helped us to bring players on Kag, now we need to make efforts to keep them in the game. And we must act quickly!

This is what I propose:

What do you think about a server or some servers (EU, US, AUS) that we call "New Players? COME HERE" (or something like that)
    And where a dozen active and serious admins listen them, trying to help them, and prohibits the veterans to enter on the server.

For admins : do not chainkills the new comers ^^'
    I suggest you play your worst class (in addition, that gonna train you) or to do minecrafting for example.

So, What do you think ?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  2. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

I totally agree with this, Devs are trying their best to save KAG and I suppose it's our duty to keep this lovely game alive.
    I really love your idea Snake and I'm sure some Toxic players would only try to ruin everything (as they're used to), the "newcomers Server" is an awesome idea especially if we could find some good admins (from different countries and who could speak different languages besides having lots of free time).
    Being a new player with lots of new players and some "teachers" or "guides" would be great, First to make new friendships (I see that KAG is mostly based on it's community and we all need friends to rely on :wink:) and Second, to make them feel comfortable and happy while being with us (^_^) without mentioning having some "experience" good enough to make them join populated servers without spamming "how do I build?","how can I attack?","how to ...?" which usually ends in this way "I hate this @$#&@% game!" and then we never see them again (I see the same scenario almost every day) :/
    Anyway, If you manage to make this idea a successful one (I have no doubt tho) then consider me in [EU servers] ::): I used to teach some newcomers (I'm trying to avoid using the "noob" word since it seems a bit offensive) in the past when my Sandbox server was working so I have some experiences in giving them some "Initial tips" to start with.
    PS: @Snake19 if you want those servers to be good for new players then I suppose you should let them use the !commands (sv_test), I know it won't be a good idea to show them the "Hax" before seeing the vanilla game ::P: but it will be easier in this way to show them all the items in KAG so they won't be confused in the future.
    Good Luck bro.

3. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I actually thought about making a noob-only server a while back in addition to the then "experienced players only" server i had, but ultimately didn't because there weren't enough new players imo. Maybe if we can get some numbers from the devs how many new players are actually joining it might be worth it to revisit the idea. Maybe @Leo wants to turn one or two of his servers noobs-only though, maybe that'd be better since we then have US and EU covered.
    And yeah today there were quite some apparent noobs on the server I joined, but by the time I realised how new they were we had already totally rekt them and they had left. Tbh I don't wanna hold back on normal servers, or check who to hold back against because it's their first day etc. and i'm sure many feel the same way. So a dedicated noobserver is definitely a great idea, especially until we get the new tutorial/singleplayer update.

Psiklaw and blackjoker77777 like this.
  4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

there's like 3 player retention topics ffs

Dargona1018 and kittycity like this.
  5. Averion

Averion Catapult Fodder

I used to play this game a lot when it was free (now it isn't, right?). So now I consider being old "newcomer" and buying the game but how many players actually playing kag right know?

I am also worried about being smashed by veterans and that game basically gonna feel different. I really enjoyed slow-paced gameplay and building a lot of stuff to help my teammates and stuff like that.

6. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Kag is separated into two different games. Classic is the original version and also free, though it has some premium content within it. Release(or beta for those who still prefer classic[aka better kag >:^D]) is the paid for version. Release also greatly outnumbers the classic version with players.

7. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

the classic (the version you used to play before) is still free , but the release version is paid [tho I advice you to buy it because it's worth it :wink:]
    eh ... nobody really knows a precise number :/
    that's why we're thinking about this idea ::):
    let me be honest with you, building in Release has become a little bit lazy but that got some good effects which explains why it's more fast-paced now :wink:
    @Averion , Bammboo is evil so Beware of him :up::eek::right::skull::uhh::skeleton:

Biurza likes this.
  8. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I totally agree kag has an advantage and this is its community! :)
    you also gave me an idea we could rename us to helped the players such as:

Joker Guide
    Snake Guide
    Etc... Etc...

it will be a yes, with pleasure! :)
    It's can be a good idea for admins, if they want to try something we can spawn for them some stuff like bomb arrow, ressources etc ...
    I fear that give powers to players could quickly become anything!
    I prefer to give it to people that i have the confidence and admins will be for me! :)

9. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

I think I could fill the role of an admin on this newcomer server, I would like to become apart of the movement to bring more players to KAG.
    I would most likely just keep an eye of the server and offer assistance when I could, you know instead of destroying everything I would make an effort to dial down to kill scale until I was mostly just playing defensive.

This is a decent idea, in my opinion and should possibly go ahead.

10. Leo

Leo Haxor

There is no need for a "special" server. New players always join official servers first. You should just take care of these.

Psiklaw, Bammboo and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  11. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

I think I need a special server for myself were all the newcomers come to KAG, and it's called "You get 20$ if you can kill legend and you have under 20 hours of gameplay".
    And all the jabbing is removed slashes only.

Snake19 likes this.
  12. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

No. I saw 5-6 new players and I was on the smaller server. (8 peoples)
    We could use the servers for the future tournament, just the time we prepare the tournament?

13. Leo

Leo Haxor

Well, I started a server named "FOR NEW PLAYERS ONLY!". This server is based on my rank system which currently includes more than 22000 players. There is a script that will kick anyone that has more than 10 points in the ranks. This leaves place for new players to play the game without old players rape them constantly. I just hope they'll use it.
    *Yeah, you can use the servers for whatever.

14. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Thank you Leo,
    Can you add my second account "Snake 191" and "joker77777" as admin?
    Do you also think that the idea of Joker can be good for the new players ?
    I gonna start the work at 6pm-7pm because i have a lot of work to do before :/

I also would like, that people from other continent who want to become admin of this project on US server and (AUS, Can I pay if necessary.)
    write a message here :)

15. Leo

Leo Haxor

Added you. Don't think it's a good idea. Game must be as vanilla as possible. They'll learn everything as they play.

16. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

it's ok Thanks ! :)

17. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

I'm "blackjoker77777" tho XD
    also is that score system fair? I got disconnected after joining because I have more than 10 points :/
    maybe I should reset my score on the BD servers? :huh?:
    but that won't be a very practical solution.
    @Leo could you please fix that? ::):
    also thanks for being so generous.

18. Leo

Leo Haxor

That's for one server only, the one for new players. You can reset and play but when you get to 10 points you will be kicked again.

19. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Would it not be better to kick by ourselves players with more than 10 points?
    lol, sorry I often the habit of saying "Joker" ^^

EDIT: ok i'm banned too XD please edit and change to like 100 points ^^
    or we can just do the job as i said :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  20. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

lol points