1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Keyboard Customization - Key bindings

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Tylda, Aug 3, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Tylda

Tylda Shopkeep Stealer

Well, this is very usefull. For example, if you want to use come command (im talking about some sandbox mods) you just press key, instead of typing "!spawn blabla "

2. Krux

Krux Shipwright

It is important to have, because at the moment I can't use sandbox, because of my layout and keybinding my up key spawns neutral knights. So not to have this feature could be seen as a bug.

3. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I wish you could also bind keys to very specific actions, the amount of games I would have won if I could have binders e to change to knight.....

4. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

So, a lot of people want to be able to push 1-4 to switch through arrows, or 1-2 for bombs, and the only problem that has occured is emotes getting in the way. But here's a solution with some side benefits, too.

You should have a 'controls' menu ingame, with two additional tabs to what there is ATM, "bind emotes" and "bind weapon selectors" (better name pls).

In bind emotes, you have a list of all of the emotes - simply click on an emote, and push a key so that whenever you push that key, it will do said emote. If you don't want it to do it anymore, there's a cross to click to disable the emote. Obviously, the defaults for this would be the normal defaults - 1=!!!, 2=::):, etc.

In bind weapon selectors, there are 6 different boxes, arrows, water arrows, fire arrows, bomb arrows, bombs and water bombs. Each can be binded to whatever you want. Edit: Builders don't have things to select, do they? I don't play them much.

This helps with the arrow problem (where it takes a long time to switch to a bomb arrow, and isn't always accurate), and also with this, I can bind all of the useful emotes to keys on my keyboard so I don't have to open the Q menu, select the wrong emote, and confuse my whole team/enemies. Would be nice to bind arrow keys to the pointing emotes, since they're rarely used in combat anyways.

I'm pretty sure this has not been suggested - but if I missed it, please link. Arrow binding threads don't count, because this develops on that, and posting there will get a much smaller response.

5. What I wish is for the arrow selection dialogue to function properly after using your last utility arrow, autoswapping to the normal arrow without glitching out and treating your quiver as empty.

6. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

this so much

7. Blue_Tiger

I agree, but that's more of a bug than a suggestion and is barely related to this thread.

8. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

@Blue_Tiger, merged your thread with the existing thread about key rebinding. Read the stickies, etc. Warned.

Pizza likes this.
  9. Blue_Tiger

Edit: This isn't the thread I expected. It's even less related. Posting here would have been a derail.

Mods: Rainbows