1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Keyboard shortcuts for builder/ammo

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Vermilicious, Sep 5, 2017.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm surprised this hasn't been suggested before. Well, here goes.

I really like the menus and other GUI elements in KAG. But, they become quite tedious to perform after playing a while, and if you're lagging, drawing the menus and moving the cursor to the right spot can be a huge annoyance. Not to mention all the times my builder got killed because I was busy with the menu which blocks the screen, simply not being able to do what I want to do anywhere near the speed of the thought. Archers and Knights have pretty much no such hindrance except for changing ammo.

What I suggest, therefore, is simply some keyboard shortcuts for the building options. They could for example be a combination of the 'F' key and a number. For the default menus, the amount of items in the build menu matches a phone's keypad, so 0-9 or some such seems a decent fit. With custom menus and the tabbed menu used for mechanisms adds a bit of complications though. Perhaps a shortcut could optionally be set in the relevant script, and displayed as a small label in the menu on-screen. The tabs could perhaps be tackled with an additional step of 'F' + "Tab" or some such.

Anyway, these are details, but I would really just like a quicker way of selecting what I want to build. The shortcuts could also work for archer and knight, for selecting ammo type. I hope others agree this is a needed improvement.

Bint likes this.
  2. i wanted to make tapping F cycle between 2 last used blocks. also shop items could use 1-4 hotkeys

bru-jaz, Osmal and epsilon like this.
  3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

4. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Alright, I missed that one.

I would say it's not purely a builder improvement, but it is the builder who spends the most time with this menu, so it would benefit them the most. It's not very encouraging that Geti didn't have time for it. The chance that he does now is not greater. Sigh. To my perhaps naive mind, this doesn't seem like a very complicated thing to do though. I might take a look at it, if and when I have the time. Can't promise anything.

blackjoker77777 and norill like this.
  5. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Mods: Rainbows