1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur = MM (Now it's a fact)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Furai, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

At kagdev blog you can read the following:
    Source.

So gossips after all turned out to be not only a froth talk. You can also read interview with Michael about KAG and his loooooong post on his blog. (I'm doing it at the moment.)

EDIT: So I read whole post at MM's blog - I won't recapitulate it as I wanted to.

2. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

I really like the style of his games they are the best 2d war games that ive played on the pc.

3. Furai

If I haven't spotted MM's games I wouldn't be into indie gaming, that's for sure. :)

I've also read that interview. Interesting. :) I hope it'll stay free for as long as it's possible.

4. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Didn't even know this was obscure.. I would have told you guys if I did lol

5. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

MM quits working on Soldat to work on LD.
    MM quits working on LD to work on KAG.

You do the math.

6. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

I thought he was still doing LD?

7. Furai

Nope, he put aside its development for some time. Maybe he'll be back to coding it. Now he's occupied with kag.

Anyway, I think that LD could do a great deal over steam - lot of tiny games like that are being sold there.

8. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Not necessarily a bad thing look at all the games that got ruined because of too many updates. MM will work on this game to just the right extent. And if he leaves there will be no worry of some shitty update in the future :D.

9. sado

sado Shopkeep Stealer

Good decision, while I've been a fan of LD, it kinda changed when I actually bought it and tried to play it. I totally agree with what MM said about LD in his blog post - it's too complex and needs to be simplified. Maybe not the graphics, I like them the way they are, just the game rules. No complex inventory, armor, maybe less weapons (and they have to be simple) etc. But I also agree it's probably not the time for LD yet, so KAG all the way!

As for MM quitting development of his games... well, you can hardly call that 'quitting' for me - it's just someone else maintaining updates for this game since few years. Maybe MM's not that involved but he doesn't need to, he got his job done. LD situation is different - this game never went as popular as Soldat and KAG are, and felt a bit like an unfinished product. KAG in its current form is more complete, even if big changes are awaiting, what would happen if he stopped the development now? People would still play it. Unless lobby server would go down or trolls would be unbearable.