1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Gold II

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by atthetta, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. atthetta

atthetta Builder Stabber

Hello, KF9000 here, best KAG player,

This thread will be devoted to the SEQUEL of KAG, King Arthur's Gold II. Let's send this thread to the developers immediately. And if they don't get a move on it, then let's do something like a "Kickstarter Campaign" and just do it ourselves. First of all, I'll give everybody some information about me. I used to play the original "King Arthur's World" a long time ago, on SNES, definitely a great game with lots of potential. So I was very happy to find out about KAG, and started playing it a few months ago. I also played Soldat a little bit, and it wasn't until I learned the makers of Soldat created KAG, that I finally bought KAG from Steam and gave it a try. Liking both games, it was a natural fit. The game is tailored to my liking.

All that said, KAG seems to have had its golden years. It should have become more successful, and I believe there's still a lot of potential. More youtube videos from players and games (like the Novaq videos) would appeal to more players, and bring in more revenue for the game developers and makers. Players can help in the marketing, just by recording the content, and the better matches. There have been some great matches (I play CTF) the past 4 weeks. Some of you may have seen me there, ballista bolting your bases into oblivion, and sniping players with ballista style accuracy. My specialty is builder as I'm a natural architect. However I can grab a sword or bow and slaughter with the best of them.

Anyway, let's get to the point. This thread is about the SEQUEL to KAG, and that will be King Arthur's Gold II. We are the foundation, in this thread, the most enthusiastic players, consumers, and leaders to the next game. Since King Arthur's World was/is a great game, and KAG follows-up, how should KAG2 look? What should we do with it? I have some ideas, myself, but let's open the discussion in this thread.

What are your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, recommendations, experiences, histories, stories, etc.

Go ahead, don't be shy.

2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

3. lool

BarsukEughen555 and rymcd like this.
  4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

if i ever win a lottery i'll donate 50% to the campaign :^)

epsilon and atthetta like this.
  5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Wait, KF9000 was the poster patronizing players about building in the mechanics thread? Lol k.

Also I'm pretty sure you can't suggest kag 2 as an idea to better kag 1 though I'm open to a 2nd opinion(@Galen , @Lawrence_Shagsworth , @Rainbows )

6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

no

no

> implies you are the first one to think about "KAG 2" since 2011
    > implies a random idea is worth of immediate attention from developers
    no

you cannot.

more people = more videos, you can't magically do the reverse. you aren't going to get a larger audience out of random player videos because the audience of those videos themselves is extremely low.

last time you killed me as a ballista guy you kept spamming bolts always with the same range to target an useless tunnel we rebuilt seconds later.

well the only times i played with you you always had at most 5 kills and deaths because you kept minecrafting.

i'd be interested seeing that

so you just acknowledged you showed off to try getting authority here?

I swear I quoted this already

none of us is, if someone ever makes KAG 2 that's THD (or whoever owns the rights then).

Lava, Yang, bru-jaz and 8 others like this.
  7. atthetta

atthetta Builder Stabber

8. don't know if it troll or just lol

9. atthetta

atthetta Builder Stabber

I'd like to reconnect KAG2 with King Arthur's World. I talked about this in some recent CTF games with other players. It would be really cool to do KAG2 with a few of the original races made playable: Humans, Goblins, and Air People. They would have different means of fighting per race, goblins would be better tunnelers and diggers for example, while air people may have a special ability to build air blocks and air bases in mid air. However the goblin and air people races would be more challenging and need to be 'unlocked' by in-game achievements, like completing a difficult setting on single-player mode, and also multiplayer achievements as well.

Some of these ideas will be implemented in King Arthur's Gold II. That's what this thread is for, and also to boost excitement and motivation.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 7, 2017 ---
    Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I can, and will.

You missed the point entirely, good job....

The ballista is a sniper rifle in my hands. I can kill anybody from anywhere. You have nowhere to hide!

In games that I want to, it's pretty easy for me to get the highest KDR. KDR doesn't mean much, compared to actually 'winning' the match. Just because one team has higher KDR doesn't mean they'll win. You're not looking at the big picture, obviously.

K

Just telling it like it is....

K

We are the core playerbase for KAG. We paid for the game. The owners/creators ought to respect this. And I believe they will be on page for KAG2.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2017 ---
    What are your thoughts on KAG2?

10. this is my thought to this entire post and life in general

11. atthetta

atthetta Builder Stabber

Brool story, co. ::):

12. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

That's up to the devs to decide - your personal opinion matters very little in this context.
    Since this thread violates rules I'm going to lock it. (mainly "one suggestion per thread" [a whole game is more than just one suggestion, btw]).
    P.S.:
    • "KAG2" can hardly be called a concrete suggestion
    • things like additional races or stuff like that has been suggested a thousand times over, which you would've found out if you had bothered with using the search function
    • modding is a thing, kag2 could be made by the community right now, if it actually cared

Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.