1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Gold of Duty: Zombies [KOD: Zombies] 1.1

A 2D version of Call of Duty Zombies (KAG zombies with guns)

1. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

kaizokuroof submitted a new resource:

King Arthur's Gold of Duty: Zombies [KOD: Zombies] - A 2D version of Call of Duty Zombies (KAG zombies with guns)

Read more about this resource...

Andrex208 and DatNobby like this.
  2. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Aw shit sucka, I'll try and get LK to host one this to test it out publicly large-scale. Sick job, guys.

DatNobby and kaizokuroof like this.
  3. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I wouldn't really recommend anymore than 4 players, it gets pretty laggy and falls out of sync a lot... That said, I've not really tested it with more than 4 people, so I'd love to hear how it goes (Bad I bed).

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Gonna test it right now, 4players max.
    Tehre's apparently some errors at sending the files from the server so players can't join.
    You need to download it and have it at your mods folder.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    kaizokuroof and DatNobby like this.
  5. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

shouldve been called left5dead

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh hey I remember playtesting this a few weeks back, before it had more than 4 guns. Fun stuff!

kaizokuroof likes this.
  7. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

i remember playing this with afew people aswell (for some reason we could just spawn guns hope tht changed)

8. kaizokuroof

There shouldn't be, I've tested it. If you get errors sending the files, try deleting the mod from your mods folder and connect again, that said, your work around also works so either or. It doesn't have the mod register jscon file or whatever, so eventually I'll fix that, maybe that causes the error ::):

I don't think you could ever do that ^_^ as I never set the server to sv_test = 1, however, lavalord is working on his own spinoff, or really this is a spinoff of his gametype, which you might have tried ::):

Thanks all for the warm reception, it's too bad only so few downloads QQ and keep posting bugs/feedback, it might just motivate me enough to attempt to fix a lot of the bugs. If you want a sneaky peek of what is planned, check out the changelog folders for ideas/ramblings of a bored guy at work, with way too much coffee and way too many shitty ideas ::D:

I don't think you read anything, but the game is hardly finished. Eventually we'll have windows to repair and the like, it's a 2D version of Call of Duty Zombies, hence "KOD". ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 26, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 26, 2014 ---
    Server for Australia is now up. Though techinically anyone can play on it :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

no i distinctively remember playing this exact mod i remember the sprites; couldve been the hosts fault

10. kaizokuroof

I don't think you hosted it right because I have publicly tested it with random players. What is the error message your friend is getting if any? Do you have console logs from the server and or the client that couldn't connect? My advice, without seeing the logs is to have your friend delete the mod and try connecting to the server again.

11. kaizokuroof

Well I need a copy of the error/logs if you want me to do anything about it, otherwise I have nothing else to go on. It could be something to do with the mod, or the way the mod is hosted, however, I can confirm that I am running a copy of the server (the same one uploaded here) and that I can connect to the server after downloading the mod, with a fresh client.

Try deleting the mod and all the files from Cache folder on that client as well, restarting the client always helps to, but the best thing you can do is attach a copy of the logs so I can crunch the bug (maybe >.>)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 30, 2014 ---
    I have crunched the bug, was because I'm lazy and I generally copy config files from other guns and edit them. In this case I had copied the FiveSeven Gun file to the Glock18 folder, however, forgot to change the name of the gun in the AS file when I renamed it to glock18.as.

Did your friend ever fix the issue? =]

Uploading this and a bunch of other random tweaks, including but not limited to;

Code:
    Thursday, 02/10/14, Finished Mp5 Bench and added to BasePNGLoader
    - Finished Cz75Auto, no work bench.
    - Finished Colt1911, No work bench.
    - Finished ColtCobra, no work bench.
    - Finished BritishBulldogRevolver, no work bench
    - Finished CharterArmsBulldog, no work bench
    - Finished ColtAnaconda, no work bench
    - Finished EnfieldNo2, No work bench
    - Finished shotguns, AA12, Ithaca37, no work bench
    Full change list will be found on the main page once the update has been uploaded ::): Cheers.

12. LordRedcloak

LordRedcloak Base Burner

A truly amazing mod, sadly now I always get disconnected from the AUS server ;-;

13. kaizokuroof

Awww :heart::oops::heart::heart::heart:

Try deleting the mod from your mods directory, clear your cache folder as well (i don't know if this actually helps, but I believe it stores blob/entity data in there as well). Close the game, relaunch and try joining again. If it doesn't let you join again, try doing the same steps until it does.

If your issue is ping related I will up the ping to something like 650. Considering this is PvE game type, I don't think it'll really matter ::):

14. LordRedcloak

LordRedcloak Base Burner

Sadly I tried doing what you said (I even deleted my mods folder) yet I still got no luck ::(:
    I didn't think my ping would go that high though.

15. kaizokuroof

It's probably my server then, it's a bug with the mod, after a certain time it just asplodes and people try to connect but it won't work. I'll setup a cronjob to auto restart it seeing as my bash script isn't doing it's job :D It should be ready to go a couple minutes after this post if you want to test again :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 4, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 4, 2014 ---
    Also, let me know if additional servers are required, as 4 players is the maximum amount allowed on a server, due to blob spam and other reasons :)

16. LordRedcloak

LordRedcloak Base Burner

Now my game just crashes when I join the server :P

17. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof updated King Arthur's Gold of Duty: Zombies [KOD: Zombies] with a new update entry:

King Arthur's Gold of Duty: Zombies [KOD: Zombies]

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 7, 2014 ---
    I've put up a second server, as well as put some failsafe in place so that you should be able to get on more consistently. The server kills the KAG process at every 30th minute of every hour, everyday. This effectively means that if you get kicked off of the server, it should be back up soon, without the need for me to fix it! :B): Hopefully with two servers running, it will mean if the game crashes on one, you'll be able to hop over to the next ^^ I know this isn't the best solution, but it'll do for now =)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 10, 2014 ---
    Small update, to fix a few of the bugs from last update :D Most importantly the guns not working as they should. There are a few more things I want to "fix" before posting the update, but figured I'd share what I've been working on over the last couple days. If you want to try the updated features, just jump on one of the servers I have hosted.

Noteable new features:

- Buyable doors! Just like real Call of Duty Zombies, you can now buy through doors for a one time purchase!
    - All guns fixed!!! They all spawn now (I think, there are a few I didn't test)
    - Berry bushes!!! They currently spawn lanterns for free lululul
    - small Update to TheArmory map

I should note that this MAY improve stability, considering I've removed lots of console spam (not all though) removed a BUTTON of unused/bad scripts and made sure that all the guns are actually working (no more wasting of coins on guns that never appear)

Change log:

- Wednesday, 08/10/14
    - Removed some console spam from the rules code [lines 361, 362, 520 and 521] (comments in code)
    - First test of buyable doors, door sprite recoloured and cost set to 10
    - Added DoorBuy to the BasePNGLoader
    - Created "BerryBushes" to restore HP/extend game time (may look into hunger or something later)

Thursday, 09/10/14, commented out line 298 of KOD_Rules, double up in check
    - Found a bug with USP, the bullet damage isn't being declared, probably because I got my Floats/Ints wrong :D

Friday, 10/10/14, Fixed bug with MP5, Float for bullet damage wasn't being declared because I missed a semi-colon =3
    - Fixed a bug with the testing gunshop, spelling mistake/trying to include a script that didn't exist
    - Fixed a bug with chicom, same as MP5 bug.
    - Fixed a bug with Sniper, Fire interval was not declared correctly (missing semi-colon)
    - Duplicated RayGun, caused by Rayne's raygun being the exact same name as mine. Remove Rayne's raygun for now.
    - Fixed Glock18 fire interval not being declared.
    - Fixed USP fire internval not being declared.
    - Fixed a bug with the Mp5, the name in the CFG file was down as Mp5, rather than lowercase mp5 (standard naming convention I got going on.)

18. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof updated King Arthur's Gold of Duty: Zombies [KOD: Zombies] with a new update entry:

0.41 - Small bugfixes and additional features

Read the rest of this update entry...

PUNK123 likes this.
  19. LordRedcloak

LordRedcloak Base Burner

Will the server return anytime soon?

20. kaizokuroof

I'll see about putting one back up tonight. I was under the impression no one played on them ^^

PUNK123 likes this.