1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Knights should be slower in the water.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by -Crimson-, Nov 27, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

I swear I made a suggestion about this earlier but it disappeared and went straight to another topic, seeming like I posted it lol. Probably just tired, so I will repeat what I has to say before:

The knight is already one heck of a class, and the fact that an archer for example can't out run a knight in water is quite annoying. With a knights gear on you should be slower than an archer, obviously not terribly slow but enough so an archer could escape from the water without a knight right up his ass trying to slash.
    I don't care about easier ways for an archer to escape like the grappling hook, the archer should be able to escape without using anything. They're a friggin archer, they're meant to be faster and have agility.

I think this idea would balance the game a bit more ::):.

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

We're implementing changes to this in Aphelion's server, soon as they fix the modded server's issue where they don't get any visibility. Other changes too, but you'll find out about those.

3. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

This is something that has been discussed many many times. Basically the same thing you just said has been said before, which is fine.

Essentially the Knight doesn't have a faster swim speed, rather they have a double slash that propels them through water faster, allowing for you to catch up to other classes.

There are multiple pros and cons to removing this, I will just try to sum it up.

Without the double slash in water, water combat will turn to shit, just like how it would turn to shit on land if double slash was removed. By removing it, you allow other classes to move easier, but without it, again, combat is bad.

This has been looked at by different angles aswell. Instead of debuffing the knight, you can give builders and archers a faster swim speed. Though, this can cause issues because the knight only can swim faster because of his double slash. Now if he just wants to stay on par with their speed, he will have to constantly double slash. This causes major problems for one major reason: New Players.

Not many of the new players have figured out that you can swim faster this way, so because of this, all the other classes would get away much easier, which makes the game even more unbalanced.

There really isn't a way, or one hasn't been proposed yet, that completely balances the game. Especially since the determination of what balanced actually is is in the eye of the beholder.

4. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

Nah,they are slow enough .

5. SamuraiCupcake

SamuraiCupcake Builder Stabber

Wouldn't it simply require reducing the knight's speed progressively and testing until an archer can escape a knight in water, even with the knight doing his double-slash?

Of course, I understand its easier to just make movement in water the same for every class. But as I've said before, 90% of the time, being an archer in water with a knight nearby equals death. If as an archer I could swim swiftly underneath a knight to get around him, it would be awesome wouldn't it?

I suppose the other point of view is if you got in the pool with a knight, you deserve to die, but I disagree.

6. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

If slowing down knights while they're in water means that boats get used more, then I'm in favour of this.

7. I'd be inclined to agree. Knights rule the water at the moment. Not even slowing their movement, but keeping it the same but removing the above-water propulsion effect single or double slashes have. This would ensure that other classes have half a chance to escape the swimming heavily armored juggernaut.

Mods: Rainbows