1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ladders performance

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Ningamer080, Nov 15, 2015.

Tags:
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Ningamer080

Ningamer080 Horde Gibber

I noticed, that collapsing ladders makes server cry realy hard. Even 30 ladders can make server laggy and >100 can crash the server. This is very bad in sandbox type servers ,when there is many players building stuff.

So i suggest to effect ladders a bit, so they wont make server cry really hard .

(Sory for mistakes in this thread, writing it from phone. )

JaytleBee and J-man2003 like this.
  2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Aye, this is very bad... @Colargolator already hates me for crashing his server with it ;-;, anyway, it should get fixed, people do it in ctf and other game modes, and it destroys the server.

Diprog and Ningamer080 like this.
  3. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I agree some sort of solution would be nice, it ruins others fun.
    As an admin on official servers, if I see anyone attempting to crash the official servers I usually stop them and take the ladders down little by little. It just needs to stop, ruins the game for others.

Ningamer080 and Vamist like this.
  4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I never have lag with a bunch of ladders falling...

bru-jaz likes this.
  5. Ningamer080

Ningamer080 Horde Gibber

You don't have any fps drops, because it effects only the server . As i said before ...

6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Makes sense

I know nothing about computers.

7. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

lag ≠ framerate

8. Diprog

Diprog Bison Rider Tester
    1. FUN Servers

Had same problem on the Beo's Gold Rush server. We collapsed a big tower with tons of doors, ladders and shops, the server was lagging for around 10 seconds. And also his servers aren't powerful, so it becomes more laggy than on other servers

9. Ningamer080

Ningamer080 Horde Gibber

once on Sandbox reborn, i built a ladders tree ... then when i dropped a bomb ... i could not find the server in the browser for 10 minutes

Mods: Rainbows