1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Laser Wars 1.0

Futuristic warfare with a variety of laser weaponry and classes with distinct abilities

1. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Aphelion submitted a new resource:

Laser Wars - Futuristic warfare with a variety of laser weaponry and classes with distinct abilities

Read more about this resource...

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

@Suprejso, please don't use rating system for discussion. There is discussion here for a reason.
    @Aphelion good job!

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It's pretty much one of the best mods out there.
    My 2 cents: in my opninion the mod would gain without builders, or a with more limited sandbox feel, and custom maps based on the idea. Last time I played builders were too decissive.

4. Ranmage

Ranmage Builder Stabber

Another great mod from @Aphelion
    Keep up the good work

5. Learner

Learner Base Burner

While often there aren't often a lot of people who play the mod, the mod is quite fun actually!
    Of course, like many things I have feelings about, I of course take note of where I feel it may be improved. So here are the infrequent and countable places where the mod may be improved!

#1: Because of the incredibly fast Omni-Tool (along with other highly destructive objects like missiles), the creation and deconstruction of stuff in the mod is done VERY very quickly, especially the deconstruction. (Sappers are even MORE obnoxious because of that... although... just now, towards the completion of the entire post, I just now realized that my suggestion to follow may backfire and still make them annoying...) Anyways, although the faster building makes the game a lot more fast-paced, I feel like the game could use a much tougher version of the metal (stone) block. Something that could at least slow down an omni-tool from chopping through it so quickly (it only makes sense that the technology to combat the tools-of-trade would be present). Alternatively, a slight and overall increase to placed block durability could work, if that didn't feel like it may be too much of a drastic change and still not really achieve a different result.

#2: Battlements: They're important for combating approaching enemy forces, so they're important to the highly changed nature of Laser (trench) Wars. Unfortunately, one way platforms are the only way to make them, and they're quite shockingly fragile to everything. So "maybe" the mod needs a metal version (or maybe I just need to git gud?)? Something that takes damage from the same things wooden ones do, and simply functions as a healthier version. Having thrown that suggestion out, I feel that a requirement of making them though must be plasmite/gold (in addition to metal and wood maybe), otherwise there would be a spamming problem with them. (That possibility leaves me on-the-fence about adding metal platforms though, so unlike my uncertainty in point #1 about strengthening all metal blocks, strengthening wooden platforms may be the better decision here?)

#3: It seem that purchased weapons no longer carry across game/rounds? (I'm not sure if Beo, the only guy who ever seems to run this mod, runs a modified version of the mod on his servers, because then there might be a chance that he simply changed that aspect.) But anyways, I'm not sure if that change was intentional, or was simply a bug.

Having said all that, I'm aware that there might not even be a point to saying anything about the mod now, because there hasn't seemed to have been any work done on it in months, and probably isn't in anyone's interests to modify, update and tweak! Still, it's all being said anyhow, because I do like the mod, and I only wish to see it grow and expand!

6. long_wood_bow

long_wood_bow Bison Rider

I like this mod very much, but who made musics of this mod?

7. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I believe it's from the OST of the game "Risk of Rain".

8. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

If you actually own the game Risk Of Rain, you can find the music files which are in .ogg format in the games files.

9. long_wood_bow

long_wood_bow Bison Rider

I install this mod. But, it's not work. Why?
    20170216192032_1.jpg
    I deleted comment, but it still says unknown error.
    20170216192715_1.jpg