1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Lava_Rata_Tat_Tat [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Lava, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Map name: Lava_Rata_Tat_Tat
    Gamemode:
    CTF
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features: has nothing to do with rats :)
    Map: [​IMG]

punk's request i think: [​IMG]

added caving because stuff: [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Potatobird and PUNK123 like this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

that one block overhang at the edges of mid seem, to me, to just be a useless obstruction.

3. I like it, the obstruction is fine. Have you seen the current map pool?? Anything like this is well appreciated over that garbage. Good job Lando ::)::thumbs_up:

Lava likes this.
  4. PUNK123

It's a minor suggestion that would make the map better i dont see your problem? Slight issues like that probably wont stop a map from being accepted it is just something i noticed when looking over the map the first time. Bringing up the "problem" also allows for players to explain why a map has a specific feature that others dont understand.

I have seen the current map pool, I just assumed you didnt? You know because you apparently think the entire thing is garbage but havent offered up one iota of criticism in the correct thread.

5. I have no problem, I like the obstruction. And yeah I have seen the current map pool, I'm not going to criticize anything specific because there is no point, its already accepted. The entire pool isn't garbage but the vast majority of the maps are just an art piece and aren't focused on gameplay specifically. I think the map is good as it is, and I apologize for not proof reading my previous post as it came off as me taking a shot at you.

6. PUNK123

I think player should be able to cross into mid easier than when the map had obstruction. Players getting caught on blocks is annoying and if those blocks dont have a point then i think the criticism is valid.
    Id be forced to agree with you on some maps just being art. I cant agree with you on not voicing your opinion because "its already accepted" when after this next build of maps(which you can still critique right now)we *should* be going over the mapcycle and culling some unpopular options. Furthermore id to point out that while you like this map, it isnt a homerun at first glance. The 3 layers at mid being hard to maneuver up and over(because theyre 3 seperate dirt platforms) and that might make mid control annoying at best.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  7. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

i just liked the lip because it looked better :>

8. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

The mid is ok, but not great, this map was a close one but it mainly didn't get accepted because it didn't stand out much.

Rejected