1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

lavalord's Maps

Discussion in 'Maps' started by lavalord, May 7, 2013.

1. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Welcome to my abode where I keep all of my creations. Here I will post all of my Beta maps and update them. Please give feedback so I may improve them.​
    Note: Maps may look like they have no trees, but in beta you only need to place one tree block at the base for the game to generate a tree, so rest assured there's plenty of wood for all.​
    Tags:​
    WIP: Work in Progress​
    Completed: Completed map but I could improve it in the future, but unlikely.​
    1 Completed - WAR) I'll start off slow with my first being a transformation of classic CTF map designed by a great KAG forum Mod and player. In memory of him I've named the edition Kouji. Lets hope he return's to his post.​
    kouji.png screen-13-05-24-16-36-12.png screen-13-05-24-16-36-27.png screen-13-05-24-16-36-34.png screen-13-05-24-16-36-40.png
    2 Completed - WAR) Took some inspiration from one of Frog's maps and Kovertt. I named this one TriAqua.
    TriAqua.png screen-13-05-24-16-39-36.png screen-13-05-24-16-39-43.png screen-13-05-24-16-39-48.png screen-13-05-24-16-39-55.png
    3 Completed - TDM) This one goes out to all the oldies. Remember the good ole' days with your N64. Blowing em' cartridges, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Mario, what else do you need! Oh that's it, Super Smash Brothers. I present to you a remake for that classic Zelda stage.​
    Zelda.png screen-13-05-24-16-30-04.png screen-13-05-24-16-30-11.png

hans_02, SnIcKeRs, Hawxx and 7 others like this.
  2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

You should add cliffs on either side of the map to prevent players from walking off the edge and dying.

3. lavalord

Point taken but I actually don't mind that feature. True if your stupid you can kill yourself, however you can also push enemies into it and kill them.

Kovett likes this.
  4. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I feel so proud <3

5. lavalord

So I need some inspiration. What map do you want made? What next?
    Sub-note: Someone said they want a shark invested pool map. Ya or nay?
    </br>--- merged: May 13, 2013 8:28 AM ---</br>
    OP Update #5 with the new Zelda TDM map.

6. Your side lakes are a bit too high. Dig it out and it will flood the whole map! Lower by 2-3 blocks should be enough.???

Also decreasing the maximum height of each map by approx 1/3 of what they are now will make them look better as well as tone down on your !!!!!!.

EDIT: @Froghead48: Oops. I forgot about that...I was even the one who suggested it at 'work'...

7. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Just pointing out that there is bedrock preventing that (:P)

8. lavalord

As a newbie precaution the side lakes are blocked off by bedrock to prevent instant map flooding. I'm quite sure when someone kegs it, the enemy would have some sort of defense to stop the water so it would only worsen his/her team. Even if it does flood sometimes these sorts of environmental catastrophes provide very funny moments.

I also don't base my height on what looks appropriate, I feel that 128 pixels is a good standard for maps, allowing for high towers and providing enough space for bomb/keg jumps. You might say that towers and long explosion jumps don't exist anymore but I feel that this will change in the feature, if not from the devs but from modders.

As for the '!!!!' I'm assuming you mean my level of excitement? (idk). Well my first map was made for kouji who now is facing some very tough times. I just wanted to show some support in my own little way. And the third map is one very nostalgic picture from my childhood.

Froghead48 likes this.
  9. master3327

master3327 Shopkeep Stealer

Its for TDM right? If you push them off, You don't get a kill (I think) And you need kills to win. But hey, Its funny :)

10. lavalord

I believe he was referring to the WAR maps.

11. master3327

master3327 Shopkeep Stealer

Oh ok lol :D :P :)

12. lavalord

I updated the TDM Zelda map with traders.

Beo likes this.