1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting Emergency

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beelzebub, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

It's nice that darkness was finally included in this update. Unfortunately, digging in multiplayer is borked, because while there is darkness, there is also no way to light it up. Unless you think we should put quarters in every tunnel.

Please add lanterns to purchasable items in shops ASAP. This is critical.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Use Quarters or stop digging.
    Tunnelers are annoying.

3. Beelzebub

Are you serious?

4. ArrowSteps

ArrowSteps Catapult Fodder

With the severe reduction of workshop costs I think this is fine for the time being.

5. Vidal

Vidal Shipwright

Pretty hard to test out the new castle/dungeon generation without a light source. Oh well, i can wait.

6. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

I think it is amazing that they left in the dark tunnels, but did not give us a way to light them up! Bad choice, imo.

7. JohnTS

JohnTS Builder Stabber

Totally agree. Putting quarters in every tunnel is absolutely ridiculous if that's whats expected.

Beelzebub likes this.
  8. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Maybe have them be expensive? Or lost on death?

9. Beelzebub

How is not being able to use the underground very well if at all justified by reduced workshop costs? They're not even related.

10. ArrowSteps

I just played a few minutes so I may stay corrected. My observation is that some workshops emit light.

11. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Tent emits lots o' light.

12. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

It just does not seem right to me the underground play right now, but this is a work in progress. The current release just somehow in my first couple of hours to be 'restricting' in many ways.

13. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Just play in the dark.

14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

1)Workshops emit light
    2)OPS may or may not emit light
    3)Tunnels are SUPPOSED to have very little/no light, make more entrances and you'll be able to see in, deal with it.
    4)This is just one change eventually if the tunnel is closed off/you're too far from 'air' you'll suffocate.

15. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Quarters have lanterns on them too. Use a few of those and open the area a bit.

16. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Why do you want to light your tunnels?
    Just leave them in the dark! You know were they are and this way will be harder for the enemy to see your tunnel/the traps inside your tunnel

Chinizz and Zeigy like this.
  17. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

My GOD, this.

I actually popped my head in this game to see the changes to bombs, and noobs were so preoccupied with the fucking tunnel that they didn't realize a SINGLE RED BUILDER had managed to tank their shops, block their exits from the spawn point, and collapse an integral tower.

Tunneling is fucking retarded. Focus on your towers and ground-based strategies. They'll help more in the long run and won't give the enemy a simple way into your base.

PS: The tunnel was started just outside the tent. Is anyone surprised?

Chinizz and Eliseus like this.
  18. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

If this is implemented, there should be a "caged canary" item. It should give you are forewarning when you start suffocating by dying off first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Canary#Miner.27s_canary

Chinizz, Zeigy and ArrowSteps like this.
  19. ArrowSteps

You need to build a ladder beneath an eight block high tree to get one. But before you can carry it you must mine some gold and forge a golden cage in a workshop. :D

20. Beelzebub

So the majority of you seem to think the proposed solution is "don't dig, because digging is for noobs." The majority of you make me not want to live on this planet anymore. There's a reason lanterns were added. That same reason is why they should be added to multiplayer, even if only for premium members.