1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Link () [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Waxtor, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Waxtor

Waxtor Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. KAG World Cup 2018
    2. Gather Oceania

• Which continent are you from?
    AUS (Live in NZ) which means I often play a lot on the EU and US servers before the AUS servers become active.
    • How often do you play?
    Pretty much everyday / when ever I can. 2 - 3 hours weekdays. 3 - 5 hours weekends.
    • What times are you usually available (Please answer with your timezone [UTC +/- X])?
    (NZDT) From after 4pm till 8 - 9pm Weekdays. 10am - 9pm Weekends.
    • Which well known servers have you had admin on before? (if yes, answer the following sub-questions below as well)
    Was admin on Beo's Zombie server
    • Did you simply get admin because you were a friend of the owner?
    I did not get admin simply because I was friends with the owner, I had to fill out an application that Beo sent me.
    • How long were you admin?
    About 5-8 months.
    • Was your admin status ever removed, and if so why?
    Yes, only because the server shutdown.
    • Do you have any recommendations from Guards, Official KAG Server Admins, server owners or other notable people?
      • If so, ask them to post here
    Why should you get admin and what makes you a good admin?
    I am able to deal with and have dealt with issues such as griefing, team killing and issues involving the chat. Im familiar with the AUS community and getting to know the new players, this will allow me to deal with any issues that arise quicker. With the recent loss of a few AUS admins, the server has been more capable of players that grief and ruin the experience for others, due to my active times I am almost always available throughout day to solve any problems that the players may be having.
    I can also be found on EU and US servers throughout the day when AUS isn't active, I've gotten to know quite a lot of the EU / US community over the past few months, being active on Tflippy's Territory Control, Char's CTF but mainly official US CTF.

I applied for official AUS admin a few years back but didn't see myself fit enough for the job, since then I know I have improved and am much more confident in myself at being suitable for this job. I have since become more active in the community, joining a clan, participating in the AUS gather and World Cup.
    • Any other information you think might be relevant?
    I am highly active on discord and can be messaged anytime throughout the day, I usually reply within 30 minutes.
    Re: Regarding the discussion about 'meming' I do strongly believe that it is something that can and will be stopped to better suit the admin role, I believe aswell as @EhRa and @epsilon that its something that could end up being problematic when facing issues and I am prepared to stop and re evaluate myself so I am more fit for the role.
    • Your Discord nick#number
    Link#9616

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    epsilon, Pineapple and Biurza like this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Friendly and active member of the aus community. Has improved since the last time he posted his application.
    Wax can meme quite a bit, which may be problematic, but when needed I believe he would step up to the challenge.
    Active throughout time zones, so atleast if AUS is a bit dead then he could help out in US or EU.:thumbs_up:

Waxtor likes this.
  3. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

He is a very active member of the AUS community. He is also a very respectful player that helps out whenever he can. I believe Waxtor has great potential to become a great admin, and I have recently added him to the admin team of my server for that reason.
    Although he hasn't got too much experience behind him, I think Waxtor would fit the job quite nicely. +1 ::)::thumbs_up:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Waxtor likes this.
  4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

When I think of Waxtor as admin I feel neither extremely happy or disagreement. I instead feel neutral -- he would do well as admin but I wouldn't go as far as to outgoingly promote him.
    He hasn't had an admin role since I've been around so I can't judge previous experience, but he seems like a decent fit for the role.
    As EhRa said, he sometimes jokes a bit too much but I don't think it'll affect how he performs as an admin.
    He is also quite active which is good and he is a friendly, approachable guy.

Waxtor likes this.
  5. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

Wax is a very skilled active and trustworthy member of the AUS KAG community, although i haven't actively seen him dealing with trouble makers as an admin, he says he had prior experience and he knows the game well enough to know if someone is trying to grief or not imo he would make a good admin.

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Accepted.

Pineapple likes this.