1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Linux Dedi: Can't seem to update properly

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Afotai, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Afotai

Afotai Catapult Fodder

So I downloaded the linux dedi from the main webpage, and when I try to run it, it tells me its hashing the files, and its all updating and so on. But when it seems to have finished and the server runs, whenever I try to join the client tells me the server is running an older version.

The process log is like this:

Then upon attempting to join the client, I receive: Server game version is older. Please try different server.

In the server console it shows this: Server: Disconnecting player ( User: not found ) ( IP : blahblah ) reason: Build Mismatch wrong build 489 !=469

even though the server seemed to have updated just fine? Did I do something wrong? I completely followed the instruction that came with the readme.txt and the installer txt

2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

something - likely file permissions or something like SELinux - is keeping the application from being allowed to overwrite these files. If you own this machine, try disabling SELinux. I'm pretty sure KAG does not work with SELinux

3. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Afotal, can you check if this is fixed now? There was a problem with the autoupdate system yesterday which may have been related to this.