1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Linux problem

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Pilou, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Pilou

Pilou Shopkeep Stealer

Hi everyone,
    I'm posting here because I have problems with linux and KAG, installed recently.
    Indeed, I have no sound and my display will automatically 800 * 600 resolution(with the fullscreen option), while my screen at a resolution of 1200 * 600.
    I hope someone can help me.
    Sincerely.

2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hi Pilou,

Take a look through this thread and the others linked from it:

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/fixed-no-sound-ingame-ubuntu-11-10-realtek-libasound-so.5534/unread

Please attach a console log from starting the game up and exiting it, thanks.

Also, if you go into the Setup area of the initial KAG window and set a resolution besides 800x600, does the game window change appropriately? I know this isn't a replacement for full screen, but it is an additional indication about what may or may not be working.

3. Pilou

Pilou Shopkeep Stealer

Thank you for the link, I'll watch it.
    On KAG I set the resolution to 1200 * 600, but when I open the game, the game returns to 800 * 600, remaining in full screen, so that I have black borders on the left sides and rights ...The same if i put in 800*600 fullscreen.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 14, 2012 9:16 AM ---</br>
    Anyone can help me?
    I thought also go to the settings while the game is open and put back the original resolution 1200 * 600, but when the game is open to full screen on linux, shortcuts don't work and impossible to return to the desktop. So if anyone has a solution to switch to the desktop.

4. Medivend

Medivend Catapult Fodder

to Pilou
    Hello!
    I have the same same misery with KAG. Runs great, but cuts off right and bottom border.
    I quess poblem is with graphics graphics driver.
    Im using myself an open-source driver. Propriatery divers for older graphics card are not supported with newer Ubuntu distos.

(L)ubuntu 11.10
    ATI Radeon 9600 pro 128mb, using DVI output

Possible solution might be tinkering with KAG files itself. I mean to set the default resolution higher.
    An other option might be temporarily lowering GUI resolution, thus to same one as KAG-game has.
    Regards!