1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Linux x32 10.10 Server Help

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by aquasheep, Dec 26, 2011.

1. aquasheep

aquasheep Bison Rider

Ok, so I have tried to host a server on Linux with the IP 127.0.0.7 and port 50301. I understand how to change the config files and have done so, but when I attempt to connect to that IP, it says "you have been disconnected because you are not logged into your account." I have logged into my account, though. I am using the restart script in the stickied thread on this forum. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. I love KAG, and I really want to be able to host on it.

~ Aquasheep

2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

a) localhost IP is 127.0.0.1 (not 7)
    b) Direct connect on linux does not work (i.e via the "Connect to..." menu) , so you better try connecting via the server browser.
    c) Some people have had better luck by turning client authentication off (look for global sv_require_auth in /Base/Scripts/dedicated_autoconfig.gm and set it to 0 ). This might disable Premium /Gold perks (atm, heads).
    d) If all else fails, drop by IRC and hopefully someone will help you.

3. aquasheep

aquasheep Bison Rider

You, sir, are a champion. p_o

Thank you so much! I will try this and see how it works.

Ok, I tried that, and I am still getting the following error:

KAG Bug.png

I have tried changing the IP in dedicated_autoconfig.gm to 127.0.0.1, my local ip, my public ip, and my hamachi ip in addition to the auto-detection '0' ip in this screenshot. I have opened ports 50301-50308 on my router, and I have also submitted a bug report on Mantis, which is currently assigned. I apologize if posting on this forum is gratuitous given my bug report; I just thought that maybe it might help solve the problem.