1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG local LAN with no accounts, again

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by little_Peasent, May 19, 2015.

1. little_Peasent

little_Peasent Shark Slayer

Hello,

Since I am a happy Alpha(Beta? when it was first available to buy :p) Backer I wished there was a way to play a round with my friends without having internet connection, therefore, also not using accounts.

I was thinking about this whole account system and i don't see any real benefit for me as a user, rather the impossibility to have a _proper_ LAN mode. As Ive seen, hackers still are around and dickish behaviour still florishes, if that was the idea behind the account thing..

Anyway, will there be a LAN mode if many people wished for it..?

I tried it asking it before in the classic forum since i thought it made more sense there..
    (https://forum.kag2d.com/posts/347319/)

update:
    to clarify cause that misunderstanding happened in the thread before too:
    everyone still needs an account and you need to log in, so that needs an internetconnection

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There's only a real problem with hackers in classic, which I unfortunately think is the version you want to play. You cannot play the full version of the game without a paid account, and hackers get banned, so they quickly stop hacking/can't afford to continue, as most of them are kids without jobs.

There's no "proper" lan mode with server finding etc unfortunately, but you should be able to connect without logging in if the server IP is in the 10.x.x.x, 127.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x ranges (which the game recognises as LAN hosts).

Re: "no point in the account system" - Without the account system we would not have any way to check who has bought the game -> no reason to buy the game when you can just download it -> we can't afford to live and make games -> no more games from us, and we have to shut down KAG.

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

As Geti said, hackers were mainly in classic. I feel that a LAN mode is not needed. Buy the game to get the great content, then host your own private server for your friends.