1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Locked Boats

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by KaB, May 25, 2013.

?

Locked Boats ?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. No opinion

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. KaB

KaB Shopkeep Stealer

How does it work :

You take a boat crate in your hands and press the blue arrow to start the process. While it's deploying, a new icon appears right above the red cross (the one used to stop the process) which looks like an unlocked antitheft. If you don't press it, the icon will disappear once the boat is deployed (like the red cross).
    But if you press the antitheft icon in time, it will look locked, it won't disapear when the boat will be deployed, and the boat will be locked.

A locked boat is a boat on which noone can take the paddles.

The only things the people can do on a locked boat are :
    - Get access to the compartments
    - Deploy Cata/Ballista/Mounted Bow on it.

In order to unlock a boat, the player who deployed it has to :
    - Press the locked antitheft icon
    - Die

I got this idea when I really started to get pissed by people who get on the boat you just deployed and start to paddle whereas you planned to put kegs in the compartments, cata inside and a mounted bow on the top, and most of all there could be more people on it if they could just wait for a minut.
    I believe the locked boats feature could save this problem.

PS : and in case some players abuse of it (by keeping a boat locked for two long), just become builder, destroy the boat, and wait for it to respawn.

2. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Bad points:
    1. Disencourages teamwork.
    2. Tyranny
    3. Source of rage
    4. Waiting for a boat to respawn is time consuming and might cost the game. Affects push negatively. Major setback.
    5. How would an enemy take over the boat (except killing the one who deployed the boat)?

Good points:
    1. Keeps trolls/'nubs' from sailing away with the boat

As you can see, the negative points outweigh the positive. This is essentially a teambased game in which you have to cooperate with your teammates. It's not like "Uh. I picked and deployed that boat. It's mine."

You can always tell people who sail away too quickly to wait in advance, or before they've gotten that far because you got to do something. Although, that might not help if your teammates are either 1. dumb 2. trolls or 3. think they're doing the right thing. In that case, you just got to grab what you can and go with.

Time is of the essence. Ex; if your push is going well and then suddenly some guy locks a boat because he got to wait for something, or if he doesn't understand the team is pushing and is mining, which would result in giving your enemy time to repair/counterattack. It might also prevent your team from exploiting a window of opportunity. Ex; the enemy team is advancing (in the process of making a forward base)/rushing without boats, their tower/defenses are badly damaged, something exploded in their base etc.

On the other side, it would prevent your team from sailing away, wasting boats and time because they weren't sufficently prepared.

3. KaB

KaB Shopkeep Stealer

If some people abuse of this feature, you can actually kick them. Otherwise I assume that someone who locks his boat knows what's he's doing.

And about the enemies : let's say the enemy team can take a boat, whether or not it's locked.

Mods: Rainbows