1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

LostPix's Maps.

Discussion in 'Maps' started by LostPix, Jul 8, 2013.

1. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I normally don't do maps, but I've decided to give it a try to see how it works, the map I've done is a bit of an experiment, there are three different ways you can attack pretty much at all times, so even small groups of players can be dangerous, I wanted to create a larger more dynamic map but it's not massive so it does not take forever to move around, I hope someone can test it on their server, play it with some players, give feedback here.

Map is here, right click save or save as, If you want to test the map in single player rename the map to WarSandbox.png and replace the original sandbox map.

[​IMG]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30693265/KAB/Maps/WarThreeWays.png

Remember to feedback and give constructive criticism and suggestions.

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Woaw! I see it is your first map, but it is awesome. Good job!!!

3. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I did small update and extended the map vertically adding more bedrock at the bottom because when water is too close to bottom edge it glitches, so it fixed it, I'm directly replacing the picture in my dropbox so all you need to do is copy new one and replace file.

Asu and VanHuek like this.
  4. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Why do you say you can see it is his first map?

Are there meant to be any trees?

5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Do you mean these trees underground there? I've put them there because hall is there too and the reason you can use wood to quickly plug and fix defences, you also helped me realize one more thing non directly of course, halls get wood drop in crates and since the hall is underground, I'm very sure it will glitch and supplies will land outside on the land right over the hall, I might end up removing the halls underground, so when halls get removed then the trees will too, I'll rework this portion of map.

VanHuek likes this.
  6. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Haha, I looked at in Chrome where you can#t view by pixel and I forgot what trees looked like in beta :)

7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The only thing that bothers me is how glitchy the lighting is, it updates really slow in chunks, If this is an issue for performance to make it update faster why can't they make it at least toggleable for quality in options or make it so it does not have smooth filtering on, it gives plenty of issues as it seems, it really gets to me, rustles my jimmies.

8. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

If only the map could be rendered in chunks: 20k*20k maps :p
    </br>--- merged: Jul 8, 2013 9:53 PM ---</br>
    Edit: Sadly lighting is hardcoded

LostPix likes this.
  9. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

He said it on 'What are you currently working on?'

10. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Nvm, the way you said/typed it makes it sound like there is a reason you think it is his first. It is definitely awesome.

11. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I've run though my map today with fresh mind and pair of eyes to spot things and perhaps push some details more, I made decision to add wall coverage to halls on the hill considering they are closer to each other and fight will take place there most, as usual just copy png in the OP, two trampolines at the top they are kinda hidden next to the tree, I think I can call it final so far, so no further changes unless there are bugs.

[​IMG]