1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EhRa, Mar 24, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Hi.

Ive been thinking of trying Lucid Dreaming. Im not sure about it completely so I would like to know some opinions you guys have on it.

E.g Is it safe. Is it fun etc.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This sounds a little like you're unaware of what lucid dreaming is; it's just dreaming while being aware of it. You may want to say, read through the wikipedia page on it for a broad overview rather than asking kagforums ;)

Firstly: Setting this kind of thing up can be tricky; there are some things you can do to increase your chances of having a lucid dream but nothing I'm aware of to guarantee i.
    Secondly: Your experience will vary a lot, but of course overall its "safe", you're just dreaming :)

Some deny the existence of lucid dreams, but having experienced them myself on and off, I'm certainly not one of those people. I find it's quite hard to avoid "breaking the dream" though, ie I usually wake up reasonably soon after entering a lucid state. I do find it... unsettling how some people treat them though (similar to a religious experience/claiming some sort of superiority/etc).

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  3. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

@eragon200012
    I always have lucid dreams, i can decide when i want to wake up

4. EhRa

1. KRPG

Well I read that having a lucid dream is when you know your in a dream. But i've heard of the possibilities to controll the dream (e.g do things like flying). In your lucid dreams have you been able to controll it?

I was getting a bit freaked out by some things people say have happened to them. They've been paraylzed when they woke up, or they think they wake up and don't.

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I remember reading somewhere that Glen Larson (creator of the original Battlestar Galactica) had lucid dreams every day (well, night) of his life; apparently he always turned up in the same, normal/boring, town and over the course of his life basically got to know it as a kind of "second home town". Very interesting stuffs; although Geti's right that the emphasis that some people put on LD can be weird/a little disturbing.

6. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I've read that the people who have daily lucid dreams have one thing in common: they constantly question the reality around them (e.g. "Am I dreaming?").
    While others who take things for granted (like me) have a significantly tougher time.
    It's all in the mind.
    As for me, I have given up on lucid dreaming (after 5-6 years of trying and about 12 dreams total with varying levels of control) and have just developed a mindset that allows me to enjoy normal dreams.

Shameless plug: www.ld4all.com is a great website to learn more (it has a forum and irc chat as well).

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I had some Lucid Dreams some time ago, i can't remember very well, because you know : "you will forget a dream very fast" , i only can remember that i could do whatever i wanted to, i mean, i controled it, i could say what is going to happen, when is going to happen and how is going to happen.
    obviously it's safe, it's a dream after all, just a visual representation of your subconscious mind.

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

>moi
    >fighting zombies and grizzly bears in an arena
    >with a jetpack and shotgun
    >awesome.png
    >some zombie grabs my leg
    >"it's okay, zombies aren't actually real"
    >*poof* zombie gone
    >half a second later
    >"wait, neither are jetpac--"
    >fall out of the sky
    >get mauled by the grizzlies
    >wake up
    >fml

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  9. EhRa

1. KRPG

Lol.

I think i've had about 2 lucid dreams in my life, both were cool.

Mods: BlueLuigi