1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Major FPS Problem?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by apeh, Dec 30, 2011.

1. apeh

apeh Shipwright

I have a huge FPS issue on this game with my laptop and my Macbook, with the game running at 10 FPS on average even in the menu screen. Now the weird thing is my laptop is one heck of a beast that can plough through games like Metro 2033 on max graphics and my old PC which can't even run the sims 2 properly runs KAG smoothly and fine.

Here are the specs of my laptop which can barely run KAG, my Macbook has similar specs but also struggles:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Intel i5 @ 2.10GHz
    4.00GB RAM DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6490M

All the drivers are up to date and I have tried running in administrator mode and even in windows xp mode.

In comparision my old computer which can easily run KAG:

AMD Athlon II X3 425
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit / Ubuntu 11.10 dual boot (works fine on both OS)
    3.00GB DDR2 RAM
    GeForce 9200

Anyone got a solution for this bizarre outcome? I never have any issues with any other game apart from KAG so I am pretty certain it is something to do with how KAG runs.

I should also note that the game runs terrible on both my Mac and Laptop even with everything closed except KAG

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Wrong section. Moved to Help!