1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Major Lag

Discussion in 'General Help' started by GloriousToast, Aug 10, 2012.

1. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

Every so often my brother and I suffer major bouts of lag. Normally our pings are 33 but the lag causes the ping to jump to 500 and higher. It doesn't look like it has anything to do with the internet as it is a constant 54.0 Mbps. Also when loading up at the loader it is slow, taking 5 seconds stopping at intervals, when normally it is rather smooth. After a certain bit of time the problem some how corrects it self. This lag frequently appears ever 2-3 playing sessions

2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This has nothing to do with kag. Make sure you're not down-/uploading anything, on any PC on your house.

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Strange problem. Your internet connection is better than me.

Update all your drivers, and reinstall the game.

Where you live, is a lot of wind? The internet cables can move and be buggy, contact your internet giver.

Sorry for my bad english !

4. GloriousToast

i should be doing anything maybe it could be hot weather or rainy weather?

5. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Are you sure it's not just your router that has a 54mbs speed btw?

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  6. GloriousToast

idk..
    oh and roughly an hour a go it got fixed itself somehow :D ...

7. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is almost always due to someone in your house uploading or downloading a large file (or running a peer to peer file sharing program)

For what it's worth, the 54.0 mbit/s is your wireless connection to your router, it is not reflective of your Internet speed.

You may also want to consider not playing games over a wireless connection if you continue to have problems

GloriousToast likes this.
  8. i'm having a similar issue. i use my PC to host a server on it and every now and then all players' pings jump to over 5000 (normally its 100-266), and a part gets disconnected altogether. that must be either my ISP's fault or my PC's, i tried plugging ethernet cable directly to my motherboard instead of via router and it didn't change anything. before i decide to find another ISP i would like to be sure its their fault. any ideas how to diagnose whats causing that issue?

9. GloriousToast

i dont think its anything to do with uploading or downloading because at the time i checked if my dad was downloading and he wasn't (just browsing). i suppose it probably is the wireless connection or my old computer.