1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Make clan tags bold

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by epsilon, Sep 15, 2016.

Tags:
?

Do you think clan tags should be bolded

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

As the title states - make clan tags bold or noticable.
    I hate it when people call me by my clan name since it looks like its part of my name.

an_obamanation and Potatobird like this.
  2. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Maybe a different font too

3. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Sure, why not :D

Magmus likes this.
  4. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

The font may be too much though.

Magmus likes this.
  5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Nice idea Toxic!

Blue_Tiger, Magmus and PUNK123 like this.
  6. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

"hey toxic" "hey etid" "hey neb" "hey fist"

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is actually 100% required with the engine's font rendering tech anyway. It doesn't support "modifiers" per-font.

I'd prefer to just fade them. I'll have a look at it next week.

8. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Is this because kag uses .png fonts? If yes then do you use png fonts so that there won't be any anti aliasing?

9. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Yes i think that would be better - anything to show that it's not part of your name.

Geti likes this.
  10. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

Thanks a lot THD :B):

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We use ttf fonts. Classic used image based fonts but for proper anywhere close to proper unicode support this requires an enormous image. The image based font support is still there, and it's what's used for rendering "under the hood" - an image is rendered from the ttf file at the required size.

Honestly it's a mess - we use it cause it's what MM managed to get working years and years ago and now too much code depends on it to replace it :)

12. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

You've said there's a lot of things that are a mess and are too hard to change/fix. I feel like its time to start fixing the code so it is easier to modify in the future, even though it is much harder than it sounds and you probably don't have the time for it.
    Lots of other suggestions and things that sound great have been knocked off since the code doesn't support the change.
    I don't know anything about code and the complexity of it so i probably sound so stupid.

13. Geti

Sorry dude, KAG is "finished" and not going to receive this kind of continuing, very expensive development. If we do KAG 2 then it'll be a rewrite, but much of the stuff is on its 3rd complete revision (prototype, classic, release) as it stands. As I'm pretty much the only developer on the game at the moment, doing a rewrite for maintenance's sake is just not on the cards - especially for something as (surprisingly) complex as font rendering.

If you can somehow talk MM into paying me the year's worth of labour up front on top of royalties, then I'd consider doing things like this - as it is, KAG only makes enough for the current ongoing maintenance/meta balance/"tweak" dev, with the occasional new feature or community-gripe fixed when we get time.

It's the sad reality of doing this for a living.

14. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Still gotta thank you Geti for everything. Hopefully my great-grandson will get a present from his great-grandfather which he would say is a "continuation of his childhood memories".

epsilon, Geti and an_obamanation like this.
Mods: Rainbows