1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Make kick/ban system better and more transparent

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by heX_, Apr 11, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

There should really be a ban reason given, especially for autopingkick. Right now you simply get disconnected and on rejoining you get the message: "You are banned from this server." This is terrible, since people have no idea what happened in most cases and don't even know how long they are banned for. I've had numerous people ask me why they had been banned (since I've set ping limit relatively low) while I've barely banned anyone at all. A simple message "You have been automatically kicked for exceeding the ping limit. you may rejoin in five minutes." would already be a huge step forward. The current system contributes to the low player retention imo: Why would you keep playing a game with few servers where you often seem to get banned for no reason?
    Also, why are there no simple chatcommands like "!kick player1" or "!freeze player2" for administration? I can install a mod for that but that will turn my server blue which i really don't want.
    I'm really frustrated with the system right now.

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Would be greater if we could customize ban messages (as in minecraft).
    "You are banned from this server.
    Reason : Ping ban
    Expiration : 3 minutes"

Edit : Plus that should bring the user back to the server browser.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  3. F3 freezes player under cursor, F3+B bans for 24h

Adikso, Noburu and heX_ like this.
  4. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Of course we should be able to customise messages (we can already enter a ban reason iirc, it just doesn't show up for the user), but a note for pingkick which is fully auto should be the bare minimum included and I'm most annoyed that it's not.

You are my new hero <3

But I still want the chat commands.

Also, why was Fuzzles post deleted?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 3, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 11, 2015 ---
    Can I please get a reply on this, every day people are getting pingbanned on my server and I see them retrying connection a few times. i can only imagine what they must think, not knowing they got autokicked or why. i can't imagine this being too hard to implement, the kickreason is already given in rcon!

Please let me know if this is being worked on.

Mods: Rainbows