1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Map Making error...

Discussion in 'Help' started by HolyUndine, May 12, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. HolyUndine

HolyUndine Catapult Fodder

When i create King Authur's Gold Maps i use Photoshop CS6 which was supplied to me from a school i go to, i plan out my map and create it using Antman's colour palets and when i finish creating my map i save it as a .png file. I put it in map files load up a sanbox and type "/loadbitmap (my map name)" in concole to load the map but when it loads the only block that appears is bedrock... why does this happen? It happen too me every time and i can't create a map. It may be Photoshop so im getting GIMP and testing it out with it but i don't know why it would happen in the first place.

Extra Information:
    • Map Size 126x64
    • I'm on Mac version of KAG

I uploaded my map i created below.
    </br>--- merged: May 12, 2013 1:31 PM ---</br>
    BTW i miss spelt the title. It was suppose to be Map Making Error :p

Attached Files:

2. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

You need to save it as 24 bit depth.
    </br>--- merged: May 12, 2013 2:24 PM ---</br>
    Here

Attached Files:

Froghead48 likes this.
  3. HolyUndine

Thank You! but how do i save it as a 24 bit depth? :)

4. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Should be in save options or similar, google it, I'll have a look later. I use paint.net for my my maps.

5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Those trees you painted do nothing btw. Trees in KAB are objects with random appearances like bushes or grain, the PNGloader only uses the color at the bottom (and only if your tree is on dirt)

6. HolyUndine

Its ok i found out a way of changing it into a 24-bit file. Thank you for helping :)

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey