1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Map Problems.

Discussion in 'Help' started by crawfish, Dec 26, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

Hello, I decided to start making maps again, but when i finally finished the dirt didn't show up... I saved it in 24 bit and used the pallete on the wiki........Oh btw I tested it out on solo sandbox... Any help is appreciated! thanks.::):

2. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Could you give us more information?

3. crawfish

Sure what kind of info?

4. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Hey @crawfish I was reading the minimal information you gave about your map problem. I was thinking maybe it was a faulty palette from the wiki, or maybe you just used the wrong color brown from the palette and that through off your dirt. Just giving out some ideas of things that you could check and retest.

Gurin likes this.
  5. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

6. crawfish

That is the same palette I used... Would you guys like me to post the map?

7. Gurin

Yeah, alright.

8. crawfish

Here it is

Attached Files:

9. Gurin

>No bedrock on bottom.

10. crawfish

Okay I tried that, but now it's just weird I took a screen shot....(Btw guys thank you so much for trying to help means alot :)!)

Attached Files:

11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

1.) Palette on Wiki is fine assuming that both of the following:
    - You aren't using the doc.kag2d.com version (although that one will technically work to, but It'll be missing some stuff)
    - Someone hasn't changed the color values since the last time I updated it (although adding some of the new stuff would be okay)

2.) Bedrock not being on the bottom is a none issue as far as loading it goes.

3.) From what I checked, your problem is that any part that's all patchy and missing isn't the right color, it just looks like it is since the RGB value is off by 1 on some color. I tested this by finding a place where it was missing sections and compared it's RGB value to the correct one. At this point it'd probably be easier to redo it than it would be to edit it. (Although I guess you could try using the paint bucket and use a higher tolerance level to fix it)

4.) Make sure you use /loadmap mapname.png and not /loadbitmap mapname.png since bitmap is simply obsolete. That's what your screen shot showed me. When I loaded it, most of the map showed up.

5.) If you are are going to make a mirrored map, mirror it after you place all the resources and other things and don't forget to change blue spawn to red on the right side.

12. crawfish

Thanks Kouji, it's a zombie map though.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey