1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

maps wont load, help

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by lavalord, Apr 19, 2012.

1. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

These maps
    sky.png
    Sky_Islands.png
    huge.png
    tunnel.png

wont load for some reason when i put them in mapcycle instead it loads the ctf mountain generator
    any ideas why?

Attached Files:

• sky.png
      sky.png
      File size:
      1.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Could you attach your mapcycle.cfg and your autostart.cfg?

(also noticed that one of you guys stole 2 of my maps and made them your own :P )

3. Titmau5

Titmau5 Bison Rider Staff Alumni

^^ I'm having the same problem

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Well lets go through basic map loading procedures. Assuming your server is simple and you are using it by default, your server should have a KAG\Base folder.
    In this folder, you should have a Scripts folder and a Maps Folder. For your guys simplicity, you can just put all you maps in the Maps folder. Additionally, by default, in the Scripts folder there should be a dedicated_autoconfing.cfg, dedicated_autostart.gm and a mapcycle.cfg

The dedicated_autostart.gm is where you can decide which mapcycle to load. Opening it up with a text editor (like Notepad) should allow you to see this line:

LoadMapCycle( "Scripts/mapcycle.cfg" );

If this line says something else, you should probably change it (for the sake of simplicity) and have it say that instead (or you could have a mapcycle.cfg where it says it's located as well, either works).

Anyways, if the LoadMapCycle references the file correctly, then all that's really left to check is the mapcycle.cfg

The map cycle by default should look something likes this:
    Code:
    mapcycle = Maps/generator_ctf_flat.cfg; Maps/generator_zombie_flat.cfg; Maps/test2.png; Maps/generator_ctf_flat.cfg; Maps/duel.png; Maps/generator_ctf_mountain.cfg;
    If it looks something like this:
    Code:
    mapcycle =
    Maps/generator_ctf_flat.cfg;
    Maps/generator_zombie_flat.cfg;
    Maps/test2.png;
    Maps/generator_ctf_flat.cfg;
    Maps/duel.png;
    Maps/generator_ctf_mountain.cfg;
    it won't work (and thanks Trelawney for teaching me that). In other words, you can't use enter to separate them. Wording for the map cycle is very specific. Duel.png is different from duel.png. Also you need to make sure the maps are in the right folder. If your map is in the maps folder, you have to type Maps/duel.png and not just duel.png. If it can't find the map, it'll load a randomly generated one instead.

Anyways, if you've followed these steps and still have a problem, do you think you can upload you mapcycle.cfg, your dedicated_autostart.gm and the console logs when you try to load a map?

5. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

i am sorry i didn't steal those map i just got them off the forum channel. i will have a look at my config and see
    </br>--- merged: Apr 19, 2012 9:20 AM ---</br>
    maps are working now tyyyyyyyyyyyy

6. Kouji

By steal I mean you just edited them slightly made them your own :p
    It's fine though, as long as you don't repost them on the forums as your own, so don't worry, it was just more of a casual remark. Anyways, it's good that it's working for you now.

So Titmau5, how about you? You still have any issues?

7. Titmau5

Titmau5 Bison Rider Staff Alumni

Well, I did notice I had the maps lined up like in the second code, but changed it to the first one...but it still didn't work. :/ & My computer is defragging so I can't really do much with it at the moment.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 21, 2012 5:13 AM ---</br>
    Awhhh yeah, I got it working! My dedicatedautostart.gm (or whatever) was referring to the wrong mapcycle file. lol

EDIT: Thank you for your help though :B):

8. Kouji

No prob.