1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Merlin and Arthur , CTF Tent Retexture , New Gamemode

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by joshua4637, Jun 2, 2014.

?

Which idea do you think you would want added

1. Merlin and Arthur

30.0%
  2. CTF Tent Retexture

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. New Gamemode

40.0%
  4. All 3

30.0%
Mods: Rainbows
    • One suggestion per thread only!
    I think mabye it would be cool if we added merlin. I mean he is King Arthurs right hand man AND since this game is called King Arthurs Gold mabye we could add Merlin as a overseer of the battles in CTF. Mabye at the tents for CTF you could add merlin on blue and arthur on red to make it seem a little more like a war game. Another which could be cool that you could add to the tents is gear like the knights armor on a stand a builders axe and pick on the side of a post bearing a banner with the symbol for the team. Then the archers bow mabye somewhere inside the tent hanging on a hook and with a light next to it with a chair and desk. Now the final thing which im going to suggest is a new gamemode. Now this gamemode is a PvP type but a faceoff between 2 people these 2 people would spawn in a arena and the rest of the people in the server would be onlookers block by somesort of wall where they could watch. The onlookers would all be on the same team mabye team 7 while the 2 people dueling would be a color of there choosing in like stand or something. I know this does sound a bit complicated and a little difficult but if its done with compassion im sure it will turn out great!

:wink:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

This should really be in three(?) separate threads- each idea is supposed to have only one thread.

A jousting or duel match type would probably be pretty cool. Do you mean a sort of tournament style gamemode? Or something less structured? I don't know if the devs are planning to make any more gamemodes though. And it could be tricky to make different background / setting of an arena.

2. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

The last idea you had in mind sounded interesting. The others, though we're not appealing to me but could be to other people. I feel that Geti and everyone else would rather focus on something better than adding a character in the game and changing tent sprites. But that's just me :P

3. Yeah i think it would be sort of like a duel or a joust both sound really cool but it all boils down to if can make it or not
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 2, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 2, 2014 ---
    Well yeah the first 2 do sound a little bit strange but those minor things do add up when you put together everything

4. Jousting sounds like it could be fun, but in my mind it would take a huge amount of work to get working. There's already basic mounting code, used for the Bison, the Shark, boats and siege engines, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to resprite the bison into a horse. As for jousting, it'd be hard to make it work in 2d - especially with the latency KAG requires - most jousting relies on directional hits (see the old Joust/ Balloon Fight games for examples).
    It is currently impossible to introduce directional hits to KAG (ie. hitting the head does more damage, hitting the toes does less), merely because of the way KAG handles latency - it would produce tonnes of unfair hits on the tiny sprites.

5. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Warned for not reading/obeying the rules of this section.

The first two ideas you had are just sprite tweaks, seeing that you could just take the necromancers sprite and re-do it.

tl;dr: one suggestion per thread only.

Pizza likes this.
  6. Well what it thought you could do is make use the same codeing for the ballista bolts and retexture them and code it so that when your moving it like shooting the ballista bolt but im not sure how hard it is to do so you may be right

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  7. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

not a big fan of any

Mods: Rainbows