1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Meta threading aka "Please close this"

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by BlueLuigi, Feb 14, 2014.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'm posting this here as a discussion piece instead of in the moderator section as I believe as all decisions, it should allow regular forum users to at least participate in discussion (if there is any) regarding this.

As seen in many threads

This has been a problem several times and I've brought it to the attention of several moderators and admins over the years, however I believe with certain people (namely repeat offenders) .

I've noticed that this has been corrected by admins/moderators and noted on several occasions

Some people still continue to do it. There are two problems however inherent with this.

1)If there is still discussion to be had (there always is), a new thread would had to be made, defeating the purpose and in the past leading to warnings for those who 'recreate' the 'problem' thread.
    2)It is backseat modding, which should be against the rules but somehow isn't.

There is a report feature for anything that a moderator need be alerted to, these are usually done in threads moderators/admins have already posted in. There is no need whatsoever for someone to ask for it to be closed, the admin/moderator was chosen precisely because they know what they are doing (in most cases), this included. If they don't, it can be handled among them either how.

I suggest that either:
    A)Backseat modding give points/warnings
    B)A thread be made so that if these people wish to ask for a thread to be closed they can do so WITHOUT derailing the thread or posting what is essentially offtopic metabullshit
    C)It be made a report option.

If either B or C is implemented obviously posting in the thread should incur A.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    Aphelion and Sir_Walter like this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97