1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "Mikilaz" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Ferrezinhre

big map probably will kill kag servers, need better resource spread and less gold, I could use it to make smaller map. Ratting isn't big problem I think, with less gold there will be less tunnels, segie or quarry options.

3. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Yeah, its too big. If you cut some places you can make a smaller map that could be fine. Def has too much gold and caves. It have good bedrock placement imo. If the map is made smaller I think it will naturally have less caves, gold and tunnels, so that things would be fixed. So its a no for that size, but you can 100% use that to make a smaller version :thumbs_up:

4. Ferrezinhre

Mikilaz (1).png what you think about it?

5. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I like it! I am worried about the pre-made tunnels tho, its easy to dig try them and rat. Its valid for both sides, so idk how much that is a problem; at the same time you can rat the enemy team mountain they can easily dig to you and block/make defenses.

Pineapple likes this.
  6. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I worry that the hills are too defensible, and that it heavily encourages ratting. The only saving grace is that the flags are very far from spawn. Also the original was Four_Rivers another one lol

7. Ferrezinhre

orginal was 2 times bigger than four rivers, hills are fine just look at redzone, it will allow you build flagroom with 1 block thick front wall, 1 good rush and game ends under 5 minutes. Ratting can be problem but it is problem of all maps and peoples who do it.

8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

The original is huge, could be a factions map.

The barriers on the smushed version are weird, you could only build a paper thin wall.
    upload_2019-11-2_2-11-6.png
    Games would be over in 2 seconds. This isn't good either. :no:

Even if barrier is changed, of the extreme bigboi maps, I think it has a ways to go before it challenges the great four rivers

9. Ferrezinhre

10. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

not a fan of the map, I still think it’s pretty large and overall I’m not a fan. could be easy for stalemate. for a larger map I think it could do with more stone/better spread

11. Ferrezinhre

I guess rejected for now.

mehwaffle10 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.