1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MLK s3 Map Discussion

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by mcrifel, Dec 12, 2016.

1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

This thread is for discussing the maps for the coming season of MLK, we would like to fix any errors of previous MLK maps, add new ones and remove old ones that weren't good enough.

CURRENT MAP CYCLE :

BURGER
    burger.png

BURROWS
    Burrows.png

CRYPT
    Crypt.png

DIGNOG

Dignog.png

FISH
    fish.png

FLATPLEASURE
    Flatpleasure.png

GLORYHILL
    Gloryhill.png

GROUNDS
    Grounds.png

LYRAE
    Lyrae.png

PANCAKE
    Pancake.png

SNATCHMARK
    Snatchmark.png

STALE
    Stale.png

TREMOR
    Tremor.png

COW
    Cow.png

current changes from MLK s3 maps are the removal of the Canyon map and the addition of the Fish map, Fish has been tested a lot the last couple months at captains mode that is done almost daily and works fine imho. With discussing the maps keep in mind that there is a 30 minute timer.

NOW GO DISCUSS!!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

I think they are too "mid-based". If you have a better attack builder, it will be easy to take mid fast (and hold the mid position). These Maps will create too much boring matches. Don't get me wrong, i don't mean you should replace all mid based maps, just replace 1 or 2. Besides, there could be more flat maps. Maybe you can replace 2 midbased maps for 2 flat maps

3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

and as usually random casuals pop out with cancerous ideas for flat maps 2/10

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54yyrj minute 46, enemy tunnels 8 blocks of each other and fierce battle to destroy the enemy one, if scrubs can't retake mid then they don't even deserve to play in mlk

4. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

It's possible for FIST to deal with this but not every team has good builders like FIST. MLK 3 will have much boring matches because every match looks the same because the maps look the same. You need more maps where attack builder can't decide on winning or losing.

5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

who do you expect to play in mlk, if not experienced, good clans who know how2kag? you think that sap and some casuals are going to play?
    its pretty obvious that clans who are good are supposed to win, the map doesn't matter, if clans are equal then the game will be equal, if one clan is much better than the second then it will win

6. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

well i didnt think about this. I guess my first Post doesnt make sense anymore

7. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Grounds.png could use some cleaning at the mid part, as it's too heavy in terms of balance. Once you can't get up or inside there you're fucked up. Tweaked it a bit and reduved the height:
    Grounds.png

8. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I second this. we've played grounds a lot in the AUS tourney currently, and matches are incredibly one sided once the mid side is secured. We'll try out your map on the server @8x and I'll provide feedback based on playtesting.

9. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Maps will be updated soon, i'll add this change.