1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MLK season 2 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpideY, Jul 27, 2015.

1. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

[​IMG]

Hi everyone!

Like you know, MLK season 1 is over. It was great but i have some regrets about it actually. This league had pros and cons and many clans died before the end.

I was thinking about lauching a second season with new adjustments and i want to hear every opinion. You can bash every rule if its not convenient for you (you have to add a better rule then).

I found some nice rules in different topics :

• The league will use a ELO System
    • Small official map pool. It could be cool if we can recognize kag maps. Burrow was asymmetric (removed). Gloryhill, grounds and tremor are wellknown. What do you think about these maps ? http://imgur.com/a/3mHOg
    • The season will last 6 months ? One year ?
    • During matches : BO2 for everyone, clans can veto one map. Tie will affect ELO. 150 build time. 25 mins per map.
    • After a season, we could schedule a quick tournament with the top clans.
    • Clans can keep their ELO through seasons. Small/new clans can hope to earn a huge amount of points if they defeat them.
    • Thanks to @Guro , many of his servers are still online. We could get 3 servers with the possibility for each player to next map, restart (like old mlk)

Lets discuss!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    miniu, Chukka, Mariox222 and 10 others like this.
  2. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

First :
    when would/might this new season start?
    I think less maps would be good lol
    'After a season, we could schedule a quick tournament with the top clans. ' should be good
    maybe a post live on the forums for the latest scores?

3. 0 build time or riot

4. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

PUNK123 likes this.
  5. SpideY

Dunno yet about when it will start.
    There are only 6 maps in that map pool ! @jimmyzoudcba Do you think its too huge ?
    About scores, there will be a scoreboard yes. I think @Colargolator can easily handle the ELO system. He did a great system.

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  6. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

6 month duration would be good. Last MLK got somewhat stale towards the end and participants eventually lost interest

suspect and Tern like this.
  7. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

Sorry but no, I tried and people shat on me, don't count on me for giving efforts again for this. Feel free to use the same structure as the one I used in the document I linked you.

FIST! clan supports this league and the rules proposed, we will participate with much pleasure if this goes to reality, thanks for the job you are doing Spidey.

Snake19 likes this.
  8. SpideY

I will just need you to calculate points since i dont understand shit and i cant do it alone. People wont shit on you ;)

Snake19 likes this.
  9. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

SURGE would support a second season of MLK :thumbs_up:

10. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

[hat] would love for season 2 to be a go go, I feel a ELO system would be a better competitive event rather than forced tournaments.

edit: also plz fellere 4 rivers map

11. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Apex would probably be interested in a second season.

12. SpideY

We played new maps during some skirmish yesterday and all went fine! Moreover, each map has 2 flags. A same number of flags is important imo.

Whats your opinion for intercontinental matches about rules ? (USvsEU, AUSvsEU, USvsAUS).

CowboyDan likes this.
  13. ...why?

Mazey and Psiklaw like this.
  14. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Needs a challenge system. One system we thought of was to be able challenge once every 2 weeks and be challenged once every 2 weeks. Each clan can decline 4 challenges per season and seasons last 4 months, with 2 months between seasons for breaks / tournaments.

15. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

oh, it's this thread again!

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  16. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

US vs EU = BO2, one round on a US east coast server, one round on a EU server
    US vs AUS = BO2, one round on a US east coast server, one round on a AUS server
    AUS vs EU = BO2, two round on a US west coast server.

Tern likes this.
  17. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Instead of this, I suggest having to write a 500 word essay per challenge. Because, you know, a simple "let's play cw" is not tedious enough already.

Mazey, PUNK123 and SpideY like this.
  18. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

You can still do clan wars whenever you want, a challenge just means a forced challenge, and you don't have to ever create them, you just need to accept them 50% of the time.

19. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

20. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

There's not enough room for 2 leagues in this forum...

But seriously, are you taking over the Competitive Scene?

Blue_Tiger likes this.