1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Modding Help

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Tyngn, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

I've been looking at the files but what i dont understand is how does KAG determine if an archer is an archer just by looking at the config, so im wondering if anyone can explain this to me. I just might be missing something

2. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

What do you mean exactly..

I`m not understand

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Do you mean as in how KAG determines how to graphically make an Archer, or how KAG determines what archer code is?

The first one is a matter of looking at the sprites and if you need me to be more specific I can, the second one I can't help you with as it's more of a coding thing and only MM or Geti would know.

4. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

On KAG/Base/Rules/gamemodename/classname.cfg
    You will fing something like:
    name = Classnamehere

Everything named archer is an archer.
    Everything named knight is a knight.
    Everything else is a builder.

You can change the sprite look changing this:
    actor_sprite_size = 32
    actor_sprite_male = Sprites/knightMale.png
    actor_sprite_female = Sprites/knightFemale.png
    actor_heads_size = 16
    actor_heads_male = Sprites/MaleHeads.png
    actor_heads_female = Sprites/FemaleHeads.png

The "actor_config =" allows you to create new classes with new attacks and new stuff but is not ready yet (it probably will when zombie update come out).

Oh and if you add more then one type of builder on a team they will all act and look like normal builder (I don't know why this happens).

5. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

Thanks UnnamedPlayer i thought name = ... was just the name shown when you changed class