1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Monaco

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Shadlington, Apr 24, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Considering I've had a 4-pack of this since before it was possible to pre-order, I''d love to! :D
    However, I find myself on a computer that could not possibly run it in it's current state. If I can get my laptop repaired, or find a new non-shite machine, then I'll definitely run Redhead for any heist. :)

I'm a little out of practice, as I haven't been able to participate in doing Beta testing for Monaco since my laptop fried itself, but I'm pretty sure I still know where most of the secret passages are. ;)
    </br>--- merged: Apr 24, 2013 1:13 PM ---</br>
    Also, remember to rock out to some dat funky jazz.

3. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ah yes, you kept recommending this game to me after GvW. I checked out some reviews, it looks really damn good.

4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Played with Shad today. I'm kinda missing some tutorial. Maybe when you play off-line first more things are explained to you. Overall game is nice and I like it. (:

5. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Monaco is great fun. Loving it :)

6. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

This game looks pretty cool, mabye ill get around to buying it when i have some extra cash.

7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Wanted to get this but haven't had the time for video games, looks amazingly fun, hope people are still playing it when I get the chance to drop a little on it in a few weeks/months.

8. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

BL: I'm sure there'll still be people playing it. :D
    There's a level editor currently undergoing beta, which will allow for yet more infinite replayability. :D
    If I can get a job->get a new computer, I'll be more than happy to join you in a few weeks/months. :3

9. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

So, I got this game because it looked pretty cool, and I think that it really is.
    Only downside is that it's heavily dependant on co-op, and while you can get randomly thrown into other people's games, the cooperation isn't there.

So, anyway, it's a co-op, topdown game with different characters with different abilities, has a nice style, and a story I could probably care less about. For some examples with the characters, the Lockpick picks locks faster, the Cleaner knocks enemies out if they don't notice him, the Mole can break most wall-tiles, and the list goes on and on.

I truly don't feel like finding a trailer or anything to post here seeing as its, oh, 2 in the morning, so I guess you can look it up yourself.

Edit: ~~ Joiken

From the Steam store page:

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine is a single player or co-op heist game. Assemble a crack team of thieves, case the joint, and pull off the perfect heist.

• The Locksmith: Blue-collar infiltration expert
      • The Lookout: She can see and hear everything... a natural leader
      • The Pickpocket: A hobo with a monkey and a penchant for crime
      • The Cleaner: A silent psychopath... Jack The Ripper in pink
      • The Mole: Big and dumb... likes to tunnel
      • The Gentleman: He doesn't always wear a disguise, but when he does, he looks fantastic
      • The Hacker: Armies of viruses shut down security... a modern day warlock
      • The Redhead: Manipulative and murderous... a lady always gets what she wants
    Play with up to four people online or on the same screen. Compete with others via daily leaderboards. Find out why it won the 2010 IGF and has been described by PCGamer as "one of the best co-op games of all time."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
    LemSpike likes this.
  10. Dargona1018

My only question is if there are any other people that would wish to play it too, or just to make this a hub for Monaco matches, I guess.

11. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

12. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Oh Darg I forgot to tell you that I bought it while it was on sale :D

13. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

hell yea!
    I'm gonna say this right now: I only play mole.

14. Dargona1018

Well, the other thread is old and dead, so . . .

Noted.

15. Merged the two existing threads.

101i likes this.
  16. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Joiken likes this.
  17. Dargona1018

Okay. Also, thank you for adding in the little thing from the Steam page, its greatly appreciated.

Joiken likes this.
  18. LemSpike

LemSpike Builder Stabber

I love this game, but I haven't actually tried playing multiplayer yet.

19. Sohkyo

Sohkyo Bison Rider
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This game gets 1000x better with multiplayer.

Mods: BlueLuigi