1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Accepted "Moonfall" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Ferrezinhre

Small amount of resources, mid could have bit more bedrock and less dirt backwall, i think tent and falgs are alright and mid is fine. Not saying yes or no.

3. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I think that map should have a bit more resources, feels empty on some places. I'm not a huge fan of these islands, I feel like they will give extra unneeded protection to mid, and make building ledges for towers too easy, not sure, want to hear potato / waffle / pine / your opinion on that. Still like the map even with that island, so its a Yes.
    1111.png

4. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I agree, those islands could make mid a bit too strong, although removing them could make it a bit harder to push the first flag. I'd consider removing some of the dirt under mid/raising the bedrock. I would also probably remove some of the dirt backwall, as it makes mid very easy to lockdown. Yes from me, but I think tweaks could make it better.

5. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre_Moonfall (2).png this islands were made to give knights way up in first rush without builders help so, sure I can remove them if needed
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 31, 2019, Original Post Date: Oct 28, 2019 ---
    Need one more review/respond

6. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Sorry for late response, I like this last version better, even with the islands, as I see now why they are there. Yes for me

7. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

This one is interesting. I could go either way with it :yes: :no:
    • Kinda stingy with the gold for such a big map IMO. Needs more for tunnels
    • Agree with magmus that it could also probably use a little more stone? It is a barren style of map I guess
    • I kinda want a little bedrock gap on the pit at the bottom so you can see it's there without the minimap
    • If you wanna spruce it up cosmetically, I think mid is kinda ugly. Among other places Can there be some more plants? Trying to starve the quarries by putting so few trees? I wanna see more crumbly bits like this one here:
      upload_2019-11-1_0-51-47.png
    • Put a bison in the cave :rekt:

8. Ferrezinhre

9. Potatobird

Little better indeed. More crumbly bits! More! :D

I still think it could use a little more gold

10. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre_Moonfall (4).png is now better? do you accept it?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  11. Potatobird

Yeah that's good. You should still consider putting a bison in the cave though ;)
    :yes:

12. Ferrezinhre

I guess accepted then.

13. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Crumbly bits are bad gameplay wise pb, no one likes unexpected dirt backwall :((( yes tho i like it a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.