1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

More Consistency in Legolas Shot Spread

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Potatobird, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

No, I'm not suggesting all legolas shots should be as accurate as normal shots. What I mean by this is still have the three arrows go in different directions, but have them spread in the same way each time. For example, perhaps the first arrow would go a little high, second a little low, third even higher. This way archers with good aim could "correct" the spread if they moved their cursor well enough.

Or maybe have the arrows all shoot the same direction, but with varying momentum, as in, the first shot goes normal distance, second goes short, third even shorter.

Mainly I just think we could do without the "randomness" of the legolas shot, while still making sure it isn't just plain better than normal shots.

Thoughts?

DatNobby, emasame and Anonymuse like this.
  2. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Make it so that they always go a bit higher each shot.

3. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

The legolas shot is more of a way to put out lots of arrows in a short time, not shoot a really accurate barrage at an oncoming knight, wasting him.

4. Potatobird

Not trying to make it more accurate or better, just... less random, if that's possible.

5. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Wouldn't that change the entire purpose of the legolas shot?

6. Potatobird

Err, unless the devs intend to have legolas shot useful only for random arrow spam, then... no? People already try to use legolas shot to hit specific targets with multiple arrows in a burst. However that usually doesn't work out because of the random spread. (Sometimes you get a lucky spread and hit them all.)

What I'm suggesting is instead of having whether or not your burst lands be up to luck, make it so that it's just harder to hit people with all of the arrows, for reasons that aren't luck.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  7. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I agree with you, Potatobird, on all accounts.

The random spread is ridiculous and annoying. You have to either try to get out three arrows in a row while another, better archer is pretty much hitting you, or miss all arrows 94.283% of the time. So truly, you are screwed no matter what.

Having it be less luck-based and more skill-based (real-time, like if it goes higher, you adjust lower) is a good idea.
    It's frustrating to have Legolas Shots be useless against anything other than a shielding knight in front of you or wasting arrows in spam-shots that do nothing but waste time.

Anonymuse and Invaders like this.
  8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Isn't the randomness to prevent pin-point spam sniping like what happened in the past? (It also doesn't take much of a genius to temporarily toss out their normal arrows so that they can pull the same old special arrow spam from a more recent time. Which is what the game devs are trying to prevent)
    Besides, the main use of Overcharge is to shotgun maul, or volley at moderate accuracy at half screen length.

9. I believe the Devs have taken this matter and dealt with it

They aren't idiots ya kno
    A lot of us mentioned it and it's going to be fixed in time

10. closing it as
    it's not relevant for possible next patch

Klokinator likes this.
Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.