1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

More stuff in next release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furai, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Source: http://kagdev.tumblr.com/post/17210229382/more-stuff-in-next-release

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Yay, AI that won't only choose up as the only direction.

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Dat AI man, I'll have to test if my patented AI trap will still work

4. Halosnake

Halosnake Shopkeep Stealer

Sweet Celestia a keg of good ol´ explosives you say?!
    Lets see the glorious explosions next release...

5. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

Im very eager for some boom! Is the part where it says real light and darkness the new lighting engine? If so i assume lanterns will be added too.

6. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Does anyone know if this day and night cycle will take affect in long games of standard CTF or TDM? Or will it be only a zombies thing for now?

7. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

what are localization/translation files?

8. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

I'd love it if it was.

Also, on the "Buy" part of the site, it does say:

So I am guessing that it may be implemented in the other games modes as well, maybe something you can turn on and off depending on how you want your battles.

If it is not, then that's a shame, but something which might be done in the future I hope. :)

Probably something related to having the game in different languages or just basic readme files in different languages.

If anything I say is false, then sorry. Just trying to help. :/

Valkyrie, BlueLuigi and xChapx like this.
  9. Winterfrost

Winterfrost Horde Gibber

I wonder if any other demolition items may be added? But i cant Wait For Kegs! There will finally be a way to take down huge structure's (or Medium Sized Ones) As A builder without having to hack away at the foundation. Let Me tell You thats boring city! also i wonder if there will be a fuse system or if its like a bomb. I personally would like a fuse that you could place and connect to the Keg And then Blow up Like Terrarias system almost. Also I wonder if we can carry lanterns or if we can only place them? Anyway cant wait for release!

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

How much of it will be free?

11. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

Everything but zombies and kegs i think

12. BlueLuigi

Only the current modes I believe, just refer to the premium poster that pops up if you're not premium.

13. I want to have a competition where someone chunks kegs out of catas and the archers have to snipe them...:D

killerhellhound and xChapx like this.
  14. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

Well, looking at the way things are on the "Buy" page, the list and this picture (http://kag2d.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/poster1.png), I can SPECULATE:

• real light and darkness - LIKELY If it is referring to things like this picture, http://i.imgur.com/hDT3j.png, then I would presume there is a good chance that the Free Version would get it as well, not because it would make it look nicer and more appealing for people to try, but because of the connectivity of playing the Non-Zombie modes with people who own the Free Version.
    • new workshops and rooms - MAYBE If places where people change class are being added as I think they are, then it would make sense to add this into the free version. But if the workshops are Zombies Only, i'd say UNLIKELY.
    • new items such as a keg (made in demolition workshop) - UNLIKELY The Free column of the picture hints at no Demolition.
    • much better Bot AI with A* path finding - LIKELY Better AI in the Free modes with Bots would not harm anyone really and there is no reason not to include them.
    • archer bots and other AI additions MAYBE - This one I really don't think I can give a clear answer to as I don't have any idea on what mode Archer Bots would be in.
    • localization/translation files - LIKELY Localisations for games are usually universal in order to help all players understand etc.
    This is just my opinion on what MIGHT be true, but even I believe that the developers might make all the maybe's Full Version-Only.

Also, the Buy Page near the bottom does read: "
    So it's just a raffle really until they tell us for sure. :)

Valkyrie, xChapx and jerloch like this.
  15. BlueLuigi

Bot AI is almost certainly to go for all versions, there would be no reason for them to keep shitty bots for others and make A* bots something you pay for.

Localization/translate is also all but certain.

jerloch likes this.
  16. Johannus

Johannus Shipwright

Will the A* algorithm be extensible enough for the computer to not just fall off of your barricade into the pit on the other side? I can see how it will be really great for giving the computer some sense of how to get over fortifications, but will it allow the computer to know that falling from x distance "costs" more than going through or around it?

17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

i asked geti about this, and it'll be a server variable, you can have it in ctf and tdm also.

you can carry them.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Jamburglar like this.
  18. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Yes... soon i will be able to reenact the helms deep explosion by heroicly sacrifising myself whilst under archer fire!

19. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

LOL. hehe. *chucklechuckle* ha... Funny ^

20. BlueLuigi

Nothing has hinted at it, but I wonder if we'll be able to roll kegs in the future. Perhaps builder only would be awesome, especially if they can roll down hills, so that you could for example start building (if there are available for stones) a hill near their wall instead of ladder up, and then get the keg going :d (Perhaps multiple if you're SUPER DOPE YO!)

Also I hope they cost at least 100 coins, but if they don't we can always just change it, but we all know that most server owners don't change shit.

Valkyrie and Noburu like this.