1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

More youtube videos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neat, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I think since these videos aren't really proper help videos and more opinion videos i'm putting them in discussion rather than help.

Knight tips part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6CRn37ee1s

Knight tips part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWNoPAUhuuo

Archer tips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ddv4szQpds

Basically the reason I died a lot was because I was narrating live so my mind was on two things. I'm not sure how I can do post narration yet, but if I figure it out I might use that instead so I can show people how to play while undistracted.

Any comments?

EDIT: My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/bloodbath2345?feature=mhee has two new videos up now, two parts of what I like to call a "cheese" game.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

3. Neat

Kickass!!! Thanks Geti and MM!

4. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Try http://jaycut.com for video editing... It makes it reallllly easy to cut up the video and add audio separately.
    Plus its free (well, for 60 days at least)

5. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Congrats mate :)

As for putting them on the website I'll probably add a tips section and make these the first featured pieces there :)

6. Neat

Do you know how much it costs after the 60 day trial?

Also thanks Poe!

7. Shadlington

Nah. The way its priced is really odd, I can't find a definitive answer (it has prices for developer API usage, but not the actual product!)

I've been using it for a little while but haven't finished my 60 days - when I do I'll probably just create a new trial account if the price is unreasonably high.

8. Shadlington

I hadn't actually watched them when I posted earlier, just wanted to make sure I remembered to.

Watched them now - as a bit of a newbie I found them pretty helpful!

But yeah, I think you would benefit from doing the audio separately so you can focus. Plus, you could probably chop the video up and piece it together with a little more structure (Again, jaycut makes that pretty simple if you don't have something you already use)

I hope that comes across as the constructive criticism I intend it to be - I thought you did a good job!

9. Neat

Thing is, i've had one poster who actually enjoyed the intensity of having live narration. I'm split between doing post and live. I might make some post and some live, so that people get a bit of both. Mind you, you can't please everyone.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No worries :)

11. miaow

miaow Guest

"1..2..3..4 and he gets wood"
    Sorry, it just seemed funny.

These videos are really neat :P

12. Shadlington

I guess for me it comes down to what the intention of the video is.
    Live works, for sure, but when the focus is on providing a guide on how to play I think keeping it concise would work better.

13. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I found these, particularly the knight tutorials, very helpful and entertaining. I hope you do more KAG stuff, even just some normal gameplay. Especially those bomb multikills, I manroar whenever I see those.

14. Neat

To hear this from someone I consider a pro at the game is very encouraging! I will definitely make more videos. I plan to release the builder tips and tactics once the new update comes out because it affects him much more than the other classes. After that I may do a top ten worst things to do video on how to piss off your teammates or guarantee your death... and after that, i'm not so sure XD

15. Geti

Yeah a few "what not to do" videos couldn't hurt :P

We're aiming to get CTF out publicly as soon as possible so fingers crossed for friday night, eh?

16. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

I have 10 Videos On The Game
    and a very awesome Trailer
    Coming soon!

Stay Tuned

17. Neat

Yeah, thanks for shamelessly advertising yourself without even mentioning one single word about the actual videos the topic was created for.

18. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

Sorry About That Neat, I was on my Laptop
    It Overheated so i never got to edit it anyway
    Your Videos Were Great You Got Skype?

19. larslolxz

larslolxz Guest

i hate that annoying habit of people to Start Every Word With A Capital Letter. yes, you, Rockyz. and shameless advertising on another topic, without saying ANYTHING about the topic, is bad. the fact you "were on your laptop" is no excuse. you can edit your messages on other computers, and you shouldn't have posted it in the first place. also, i sincerely doubt you actually have 10 videos and a "very awesome trailer". i'd think someone who takes the time to make 10 videos would have registered on the forums, and between yesterday and today is not enough time to make 10 videos, a very awesome trailer and properly edit it so that it actually is awesome. go get some sense.

20. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Good job with the videos man