1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mortars :/

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TROPICALear5, Feb 20, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. TROPICALear5

TROPICALear5 Shopkeep Stealer

I don't know about this idea but whatever: a mortar which can be placed and is as tall as head height, it fires bombs(the ones which knights use) into the air and then smash into the earth where your crosshair is located.it can be picked up by pressing c, making it manoeuvrable. It can be purchased at a builders shop: 50 wood 100 stone and maybe 150 gold coinses

2. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Because of your another and this post i can see you come from BattleField, am i right?
    however, this one exists, and its called ballista :ehh:

3. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

in the form you propose, fucking rejktd m9.
    this shit you describe takes no skill to operate, just fucking aim at a tower and go all lolololol rekt
    also, i'm pretty sure this will never be added no matter what the feedback will be

4. We have the ballista with the bomb bolts that does more or less the same thing, but fits the time period way better.

J-man2003 likes this.
  5. Pixelated_Romantic

Pixelated_Romantic Catapult Fodder

You have to keep in mind that this the time of knights and archers, not soldiers and snipers.

6. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Really, devs won't even consider thinking about pondering upon eventually planning to add this. I hardly see any last trace of a reflection of a shadow of a chance of this being implemented.

7. TROPICALear5

Yep and it is set in Europe and we don't actually have sharks here or we didn't have grappling hooks which could be ejected out of your backpack in a split second. Trust me I know about this shit, I'm English
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 23, 2015 ---
    either does a ballista and as I have said bombs in kag can barely rek more than I block:bird:
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 23, 2015 ---
    Yes I have just s tarted to play battlefield and I thought it would be a good idea to have a forums app

8. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

This would be quite interesting to see in-game but the bombs would have to be a little more powerful than knight bombs, maybe just a larger radius.

TROPICALear5 likes this.
  9. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

well I guess that makes you a european history expert and I should respect you. Also, sharks and grappling hooks are surely a way more obvious argument for the lack of realism than, for example, I don't know, fucking bombs?
    A ballista takes more skill than what you described. What you said is that the ammo will "smash into the earth where your crosshair is located". Well that's some skillful shit right there. Also, no. A skillful knight can do much with a simple bomb. he can also keg jump.

TROPICALear5 likes this.
  10. Sharks and grappling hooks are not anachronistic, but mortars would be. Grappling hooks as they're used in game? definitely fanciful. carrying sharks? fanciful. mortars at all? total anachronism.

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

A global moderator goes off-topic.

That's amazing.

But he's right, sure their were mediocre cannons back then but nothing like a mortar, less that can be moved. (Also, a list of some un-realistic things from KAG: Shield gliding, bomb arrows, water arrows, shield surfing, weird sparks that appear on your weapon, workshops that can produce an infinite number of craps, drills, sponges, mines, water bombs, (sure, there's such thing as a glass of water that can be thrown, but it's not like a bomb) necromancers, magic scrolls, supply drops, bombers, airships, etc.)

Then again it doesn't really matter if video games are realistic or not as long as they loosely fit their theme.

To add to the suggestion, what I imagine what a mortar would be like is something a builder can use back at base or offensively to fire high-powered bombs (They destroy barely any blocks like the actual knight bomb, but have a larger radius and higher damage.) at an army for a cheap price, sort of like a mounted bow except it's explosive. (since a mounted bow is a more powerful version of the archer's bow, a mortar would be a more powerful version of the knight's bombs)

Or we could just add mounted bows to the siege shops @Geti @Geti @Geti .

TROPICALear5 and Fernegulus like this.
  12. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

^^^^
    No, It's the arthurian times. There wasn't even gunpowder invented back then, even in China.
    Whatever though, I still think aiming at the floor with your crosshair is way OP.

13. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Off-topic here (hey, a mod went off topic so can I) gunpowder is an ancient invention, BC, not afterwards, and if I remember correctly the whole country of Britain was not to come until after BC.

China is one of my favorite ancient culture (and probably foreign country) because of how inventive and imaginative they were and still are.

On topic here, maybe mortars can be purchased in TDM too? also it would be cool if they were on the research tree in TTH.

Also, they should not be point-and-they-will-land-here style, they should work like a mounted bow, the bomb will go the direction of the cursor and it's velocity will decrease.

Maybe I'm wrong and you're a history buff Fernegulus, I haven't truly studied history that much or cared to.

TROPICALear5 likes this.
  14. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

a1ebG48_460sa.gif
    (I couldn't hold myself back)
    Mortars or something similar will more likely happen in a mod than vanilla game. And in my opinion, we already have enough sieges/vehicles.

DatNobby, J-man2003 and TROPICALear5 like this.
  15. TROPICALear5

true
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 26, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 26, 2015 ---
    that seems legit

16. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No. Feel free to mod this sort of stuff if you want it, I don't see anything that's not achieved by a bomb arrow shot up into the air, and don't want to add more cruft just because "it was cool in battlefield".

Also it's really cute* that you guys think tagging me in threads with unrelated suggestions nagging is going to get you anywhere, but it wont.

*actually just annoying

18. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Is this what you and mak have been working on the past couple of days? :eek:

19. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

EXACTLY

Except smaller, movable, and bombs are slightly more powerful. (radially and with damage.)

And @Geti I realize these things will never get added but I still enjoy discussing them.

and you could just add mounted bows to siege shops, it wouldn't be unbalancing anything as far as I can tell, I mean you can even get them in TTH.

20. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Fernegulus likes this.
Mods: Rainbows