1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM [REJECTED] MountaiNI

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Ni, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Map name: MountaiNI
    Gamemode: TDM
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features:
    • 2 Shops
    • 2 Mines
    • Some Spikes
    • Many ways to go
    • Really good knight movement
    Map:
    MountaiNI.png

/Edit - Fixed:
    MountaiNI.png

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    an_obamanation likes this.
  2. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

The middle reminds me alot of sjd's switchblades map. Seems jerky and tight to move but I'll have to load this one up and see for myself. I understand that the openings are suppose to be for lighting but honestly lanterns would look so much better. 6/10

3. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Openings ?
    There are lanterns !
    You spawn outside.

4. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

I miss looked, I thought those were sky

Ni likes this.
  5. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

<-------- Terri approves.

It looks like it'd be a fun map without too much movement or camping hassle save for the top of the mountain *possibly*. I've loaded it up in single player and it looks bigger in the png than it actually is, so size is about fine.

Ni likes this.
  6. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

It's an interesting map and quite different to anything else we have. I think you should change a couple of things:

• Make it harder to camp on the top of the mountain. It's so easy for a knight to camp at the top because as people try and climb the mountain they are easily slashed down. To fix this you could maybe add a vertical tunnel in the centre of the mountain with ladders. Or maybe trampolines? Just another route to the top.
    • Remove the spikes and mines. They're just annoying and don't really enhance the gameplay.
    I think if you do these things then it could be a good map for official servers :)

7. Ni

1. Active Forum Users

Fixed
    MountaiNI.png

8. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

What makes the middle on Switchblades objectively bad, but makes the middle on this map good?

9. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

I understand the comparison but the middle parts are actually pretty different.
    Crowbars middle is poorly designed for knight movement. It has lots of small 2-block passages which are awkward to move through, and requires a lot of floaty shield-gliding
    In Crowbars it's also very hard to get back up into the spawn areas which encourages camping.

I think this map has neither of those problems because the tunnels are wide and shaped well for knights to move around in. It's also much easier to escape the middle part to go back up. The alternate route across the top of the mountain means camping isn't possible to the same extent either.

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I think the biggest issue people had with crowbar was that it was too hard to track down the enemy. This map has the same problem(plus the dirt can all be mined). If the 2 block gaps are your only issues with crowbar then i suppose a minor edit would fix it and i just personally have a disagreement with the type of map(because it allows running too well).

11. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Trampolines aren't a good solution to give knights the ability to go up from mid, one wrong bomb and the tramps go away.

Further testing of middle proved that it's rather clunky and cramped. It's gonna be a pain to move around and defensive players or runners will have a huge advantage.

Rejected for now.

Ni likes this.