1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mounted Bow

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JaniKutscher, Nov 27, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

I looked at the warship,and i saw that giant bow mounted on it.It would be perfect if people can use it on land .There would be a workshop for it and a own scroll named mounted bow(land).
    Let me know what do you think

2. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

There used to be that. There was a big reason why it was moved to only the boat. Just understand that it caused huge balance issues and everyone hated it. Including me. I'm too lazy to type the reasoning since I've done it twice on the steam forums, but someone else can.

3. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Imagine 3 rapid fire bows firing at you at the same time. Each contains I think it was 60 arrows for use.

I think they fired at a rate of about 1 per half a second.

Really OP. Isn't needed because there is a class called Archer that does the same thing. You don't need knights and builders being able to run around the map firing arrows.

Theres probably more to it, but this really sums it up.

4. JaniKutscher

True.Then make a limit ?Only one mounted bow for each team.

I thought it would be for the builder ,so they can defend the base too.

5. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

1 by itself is still pretty OP. I think what you are suggesting is fair, but I just don't think it is something that is needed.

6. JaniKutscher

Not needed ,but it would be usefull for some builders.Slow the fire rate down , 1 arrow per 2 seconds,but then let it do more demage.

7. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Having a arrow turret makes having a archer less of a necessity. Why have a archer class if everyone now can fire arrows?

Allowing other classes to fire arrows takes away their specific tasks on the battlefield. If you need to defend, a builder shouldn't be firing arrows, a archer should. A builder should be repairing.

Same exact reasoning with knight.

Its just my opinion.

8. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

If it isn't going to be readded into the game can we at least remove the ability to waste gold on the scroll in TTH and the fact it can be researched?
    Just seems to be an unpolished loose end that can confuse new players and be annoying to accidentally buy for the rest of us...

I do kinda miss the bow, too bad it was too OP...

Rocinante likes this.
  9. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think the mounted bow should be re-imagined as an early game "wait shit augh we don't want to lose yet" kind of thing kind of like how cannons are in Starcraft.

It would

Be available early on the tech tree
    Be produced from a workbench
    Cost some gold as well as wood
    Not be refillable

This way it's possible to buy you some time early game to set up defenses but it's not something that can stall the game forever (like before) as it requires continually consumption of a non-renewable resource (gold).

10. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

The mounted bow, if I remember correctly, actually exists in TDM playlists. It can be bought from the shop for I think 80 gold. Something along those lines would work.

You could add it to the siege shop so it costs gold resources, and then make it cost X amount of wood, stone, gold coins, etc.

I do think though that, like Contrary said, it needs to be refillable. I also thing that like Jani said, that the fire rate should be slowed.

All of this of course if it is actually re-added to the game.

11. JaniKutscher

That would be awesome.But i do not want to offend achers, so we could let it fire something else.
    Ideas?

Mods: Rainbows